• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

MOAB Fall Run Oct 6-10th 2014 a H40 and BSHS event not to be missed !!!

Highatop

Ok, our cabin is booked at The Lazy Lizard. A short stay. Be there Sunday night till about Thursday. I just got back from vacation and everyone is ticked off at me already but, I think we can swing it and they will be only alittle mad. Only bein about 6 hrs away, I gotta try. And you know what they say, Its better to beg for forgiveness then, ask for permission...

We still got the cookies and goldfish...See you soon

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
Bummed were going to miss another Black Sheep Run.:sigh:We literally just have to many fires burning right now. One that is seriously threatening our personal recreational property.:swear: No buildings to worry about just one of our special hang outs.

Bebe is also committed to a IMO a once in a life time opportunity the same week:horns:

Neo

Badfish
looks like it's going to be one of the smaller more intimate get togethers... no matter what i'll be here schlepping wood :giggle:

RamRod

Man I'd lover to join, it will have to wait till the spring time, just started a new job and won't be getting any time off for a while

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

abearden

Rain parade apparently. I'll be in Western Washington over that weekend and no time off, so my sliver of a chance just went away.

Zach

Mall Crawler
X3 for me. Found out I don't have paid time off. I can deal with that, but would have been nice to know before.

Neo

Badfish
I'll be right there with ya! But only if you don't put me to work this time!!! :no: :shame:

this trip you're gonna deliver more wood than you have ever seen in your life old man you better start doubling up on those golf course workouts :giggle: jeeper mike will be here and kaleb for the weekend before, you'll be right at home with all the Heeps, probably more jeeps than hummers this run... drive safe and say hi to Summit and Cat when you see them for me.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
this trip you're gonna deliver more wood than you have ever seen in your life old man you better start doubling up on those golf course workouts :giggle: jeeper mike will be here and kaleb for the weekend before, you'll be right at home with all the Heeps, probably more jeeps than hummers this run... drive safe and say hi to Summit and Cat when you see them for me.

So, will Mike be there the weekend of the 4th? If so, I might run over to say hi. Still not exact date for the movers, scheduled between Oct 1-4. Next week should get an exact day.

backcountryislife

We'll be there friday to monday (10.4 - 10.6) and I'll be out there to harass Neo into riding a dirtbike next weekend as well :D Looking forward to seeing everybody who can make it.

Neo

Badfish
So is there a list of attendees ?

no real list, this is going to be a bit of a freestyle run with F5 moving and all the piking peeps, i know a couple heeps are for sure and a hummer or two that might show up. sounds like most of the Colorado regulars will be here for one weekend or the other and a couple long distance travelers staying during the week.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So then most of wheeling will be done over 2 weekends?
trying to figure out when to do family stuff (mid week I guess)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im a no go. I have a ton left to finish on squeaky.

New tires, swap in my ox locker in the front, different coils, add bumpstops, etc.

I dont even have time to finish it lately...been having 12-15 hour days between work and school. I should be graduating this year and continuing on with more school or go into the real world of working but probably more school. Im shooting for april. The truck will be done and my last semester should have some easier bull**** classes.

I miss moab and the people!

backcountryislife

Well, just got back from dinner with Neo, I just wanted to come out and make sure Moab was ready for next weekend ;)
UTV's all over the place today, holy cow. Can't wait for next weekend.
We came out with just the bikes this weekend, first time without the H3 or Heep! Looking forward to wheeling!

backcountryislife

Hope your be wheelin Monday before you leave...See you Sunday nite

We'll wheel at least a short trail monday if we can find others to play with us. (Or something like Schaeffer/white rim that brings us out to 70)
wish I could do more weekdays, but tough to swing that, especially after taking some sort of trip for bikes or wheeling just about every weekend lately.

WhiteBeard

We'll wheel at least a short trail monday if we can find others to play with us. (Or something like Schaeffer/white rim that brings us out to 70)
wish I could do more weekdays, but tough to swing that, especially after taking some sort of trip for bikes or wheeling just about every weekend lately.

That sucks... I won't be there until Monday or Tuesday... :-( I wanted you to show me how to use my new GoPro camera!

f5moab

Mr. Beretta

Shafer trail won't take you to I70/White Rim trail is a day long run and is also far from I70, but if you are looking for a nice trail that runs from 313 (road to deadhorse state park) to I70, just outside of Green River...do Crystal Geyser. There is also copper ridge that runs parallel to Hwy 191. Or, go over to the White wash sandunes and then take floy wash out to I70.

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
It's pretty definite that we won't have it together to bring RockMog with us even if we do make the trip this time. The entire front end of our Silverado is torn apart right now to install a new water pump & fan clutch... a PITA on these Duramax diesels! Also I will be installing an aftermarket tranny cooler and dropping the Allison tranny pan to drop the valve body to install a Trango shift kit. So between this and the time I have to spend on our rental property before the new tenants move in I'm sure the Silverado wont be ready to haul the RockMog to Moab.

We have motel reservations in place so if we can make it we'll be bringing the Deuce... RockMog's trip to Moab will just have to wait. Here's some pics of RockMog, it was a 1974 404 Swiss Army Unimog in it's former life, it's had major modifications to transform it into a rock crawler as you can see!

404MogCrawler3_zpsec95a87f.jpg~original

404MogCrawler4_zps4ef1d3d2.jpg~original

KatMog_zpsa1489ecd.jpg~original