• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I'm ****ed

derian06

Red Rockett
7edapege.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostbuster

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo whyyyyyy

Good luck man. You have a lot of work ahead of you. Or Insurance claim... kinda looks like negligence though...

SedonaBound

Uckk. Beware of hydrolock; make sure it's in neutral when they pull it out, and do not crank the engine until your certain there's no water in it.

benlaud87

I got stuck in some water not even nearly that deep and it fried the BCM which in turn somehow fried the TCM. I felt lucky to get away with that. Good luck on everything. You're going to need to take everything out of the interior and clean it if you get that far.

rsc

Lets just assume you high centered on the differential under the water instead of a mechanical failure, and that the doors were not opened and that the seals are still water-tight, and that the motor did not ingest water and hydro-lock but that you shut it off instead, and that all your breather hoses have already been re-routed up high then you will be alright. If the above went all wrong then you are S O L.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Likely major electronic issues at best. Likely a lot of new interior costs. Replacement of all fluids and maybe anew motor.Good guess is that it gets totaled.

SuperBuickGuy

hydrolock is the least of his worries - a submerged BCM is going to be his issue.

and before you repower the car, drain and dry everything... pull the BCM out and apart to let it dry.

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Dam....yea your going to have to pull it all apart and dry everything out...change the fluids in everything. Make sure you dry your BCM out, and your engine.

This is why I don't hit mud puddles without knowing how deep they are or watching someone else go through first.

rsm688

PULL THE BATTERY OUT OF IT ASAP!

If you didn't cut your motor off before it sucked in water then I would say it is going to be totaled out.

You need to pull the computer and place it in a ziplock bag full of rice, suck all the extra air out and set it somewhere warm or in the sun (sucks moisture out), replace the rice the next day and leave it again. drain everything motor, tranny, t-case, axles, etc. It's all going to have to be flushed out repeatedly. Interior will have to be pulled. Do not even think about putting the battery back in it or trying to start it for at least a week. Go through all the electrical terminals and connections you can and clean them. Clean out your throttle body, intake, etc. and DO NOT PUT ANY ELECTRICITY TO IT FOR A WEEK. Why a week? You need to let every single terminal/connection dry out first, if you got gauges or electric motors or computers wet and run electricity through them you could short them out and fry things (if it has not already happened).

I would hope for your sake you can get insurance to cover it and total it out if you hydrolocked the motor and fried the electronics, then buy it back from them and begin the rebuild process.

I learned that lesson the hard way in high school, luckily it was with a fourwheeler and an old Jeep and I killed the motor on both before they sunk. I had to unbuckle myself from the Jeep seat while underwater as I sunk it over the windshield, not my brightest move ever.

Good luck, and most importantly TAKE YOUR TIME going through everything before trying to fire it up again