• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Looks like there is a 6.0L conversion kit out there for the H3

RamRod

Just saw on his site that its $18,500 for all the parts for this install (even lists fluids)....

Panzer07

Pretty good deal IMO One Of Many Options Hopefully for when my truck's heart gets old and needs a transplant.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

2010H3TAlpha

There was a 6.0 H3 for sale on Hummerforums.com over the winter with low mileage for cheap. Almost picked it up for my wife but we really need a bigger rig for the growing family (3rd row seat). It looked sweet though.

Chook

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hummer-H3-2007/AGC-AD-15153519/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

There was a 6.0 H3 for sale on Hummerforums.com over the winter with low mileage for cheap. Almost picked it up for my wife but we really need a bigger rig for the growing family (3rd row seat). It looked sweet though.

I just saw a 7 seater H3 online here so you must be able to add the extra seats

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7 seater H3.jpg
    7 seater H3.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 4,235

Panzer07

I don't think so. That picture is decieving. There is not much room for the legs with the extra seat in an H3.

True unless is kids you are going to seat there there's this other guys makes seats for the h3 for the cargo area I rennet seeing them on Facebook awhile back but then again as cool as they might seem the leg room is not that big nor that tall, in order for a full grown man to ride back there comfortable...specially if I trying to fit 2

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

RamRod

If I were to put seats back there I'd put the third row facing backwards like they used to with the old wagons (used to get into fights for who got that seat!!)

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
On Marsh's description it says their kit includes an oversize fan and clutch. It would be interesting to find out where to get these for us Alpha owners with over heating problems.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

amrg

On Marsh's description it says their kit includes an oversize fan and clutch. It would be interesting to find out where to get these for us Alpha owners with over heating problems.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Overheating? Just add two electric fans infront of your radiator (this is how GM V8s come here).
Im running a scanner and my truck doesnt go above 195 f and its already 110 outside. Going to add a seperate trans cooler because my trans keeps running at the same temp as the engine and I want to drop it down.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
That's fine for a factory stock vehicle, but I have a winch there, and it's not an option. Also, electric fans are less efficient than clutch fans. An improved clutch fan as well as converting my hood to a functional hood vent should do the trick.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

RamRod

as well as converting my hood to a functional hood vent should do the trick.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

I wanna see this mod! I would love to do something like this to cool the charged air a little more ;)

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Chook

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?6183-New-Radiator&highlight=radiator

That's fine for a factory stock vehicle, but I have a winch there, and it's not an option. Also, electric fans are less efficient than clutch fans. An improved clutch fan as well as converting my hood to a functional hood vent should do the trick. "Ex Umbris Venimus"

Recon, your answer is to increase the core size of the radiator. You need to visit PWR up the road. I know the one they currently do is for the 3.7 but I am sure they could get you sorted. In the one for the 3.7 the core size is increased with more tubes using a better designed "dimple" plates to increase the cooling capacity. (mine is the same size as OEM but with a 42mm core & dimple plates)

Last edited:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?6183-New-Radiator&highlight=radiator

Recon, your answer is to increase the core size of the radiator. You need to visit PWR up the road. I know the one they currently do is for the 3.7 but I am sure they could get you sorted. In the one for the 3.7 the core size is increased with more tubes using a better designed "dimple" plates to increase the cooling capacity. (mine is the same size as OEM but with a 42mm core & dimple plates)

I agree. That has always been my #1 objective for cooling. Every time I have done that in the past, it has always worked perfectly. I just haven't had the time to locate a place to have a proper non-aluminum radiator made. These other things I'm looking into are nowhere as effective, but things I can do myself or swap out if it's already available. Plus they will help anyways if and when I get a better radiator. Thanks for remaining me. I'm going to contact them immediately.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

amrg

That's fine for a factory stock vehicle, but I have a winch there, and it's not an option. Also, electric fans are less efficient than clutch fans. An improved clutch fan as well as converting my hood to a functional hood vent should do the trick.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

My setup has 2 electrics added to the stock clutch fan. To be honest, temps here hit just north of 125 last year and I wheeled with that setup without any change in engine temp above 195. However, with the winch there its not going to work in your case, Im planning to add a trans cooler as soon as possible and The only way I could mount it is if I actually place it between the grille and the electric fans (and I want to add a trans cooler that has an electric fan so Im not sure if that setup would clear). But under that hood louver adding two fans that would pull the air from the engine bay and out is an idea I've been thinking off (and looking at your thread I see that you've already thought about). Hope to see someone do that!