• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Traction control fail

ArtHummer

Got a morning surprise today.
Was driving to work and on the way the traction control light got light and display showed "sys bas traction failed". Got to the parking lot, turned the key off and noticed that door locks did not open. After I started it again and the button on the shifter was lucked. Could not put it in drive and the door locks were not responding as well.
Checked the obd2 and got few codes.
C0268 - Class 2 Data Error Reported
P182F - Internal Mode Switch C Circuit High Voltage

Try to clear the codes and the computer that I have showed that it cleared successfully but the codes were still siting in the memory. Checked the shifter and still locked. As a reserve I had to disconnect the battery to reset the computers. Everything works fine now but who the hell knows for how long. Need to figure out what could cause it and what are the fixes.

hummech

it sounds like a internal failure in the Body Control Module. all your modules communicate with the other modules through the BCM. when it fails you will get a class 2 data error and internal mode switch c circuit high voltage. i would use a tech 2 and run a test on all the modules. it may have been a one time thing or if it keeps coming back then it is a issue that you will have to pin point and get fixed. as i said most likely the BCM is having a issue and we have replaced a few of them for this reason. test it first though.
mike s.

ArtHummer

Thanks. I'll try to tun a diagnostic.
I just drove it after battery disconnect and everything seems to work fine. I hope it was just a glitch but I'll do the test anyway.

ArtHummer

Damn. Almost a year passed with no issues and now I started to get this issue again.
Did the same procedure, cleared the codes and it was fine. Drove for few days and now codes are coming back on.