• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My yellow h3 build

Bananatank

I think i should make a build thread just to document some things i have done. I haven't done much so it's not gonna be impressive lol but its a start. I try and do what I can and haven't ever really dealt with a vehicle like the h3 so I'm not the most educated when it comes to these vehicles lol so yes i ask some "dumb" questions.

So to start with i have an 06 i5 with the luxury package i bought it in October and I've loved it since. Don't really go off-roading because there's few places to go where I'm at. I make the mods when funds allow.

To begin

Some mods i have done so far are:

Torsion bar crank to 23.50

Plastidipped wheels

Plastidipped emblems

Plastidipped grille

Not much but like i said its a start lol.

Here are some pics (i wish i would've taken more before pics when i first had it but I'll look for some on my old phone.)

Before pic i have on this phone.
muqasajy.jpg

This is whenever i just did the wheels and emblems and no torsion bar crank:
mamejare.jpg

This is whenever i plastidipped the grille:
ute4eqy4.jpg

4yzegy2y.jpg

Ill post more pics later today of the side so you can actually see it leveled. So yeah thats what I have done so far. More mods to come definetly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Rig looks good and great start. We all gotta start somewhere then once you get that mod bug, you can't stop!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
If you do any offroading, you will want to, at a minimum, protect the belly of the beast with a set of under carriage protection and remove the nerf/step bars, as those will bend and may cause some body and/or tire damage. If you wheel more and depending on the types of trails you wheel, you will want to consider replacing the nerf bars with rock sliders to protect the rocker panels.

Bananatank

Well where I'm at there aernt very many places to wheel there are few and those few places have more mud than rocks. So im gonna get some 35's or 33's idk which its a designated driver though so i try to keep all my mpg lol. I did take the nerfs off and it looked ok but it just appeared like i could see the bottom of the hummer more if that makes sense lol.

Bananatank

I took some more pics if anyone's interested.
y8u5aja7.jpg
apamysar.jpg
sy4a3yzy.jpg

You can see the grille/wheels/emblems all blacked out and you can see the torsion bar crank here.

Bananatank

Given the information i have given yall what would you suggest for me to get next? It is a dd and i don't have very many "rocky" trails more of mud trails.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
If that's the case, then you might want to consider a winch to pull you out of the mud if you get stuck and no one is around to pull you out.

Bananatank

If that's the case, then you might want to consider a winch to pull you out of the mud if you get stuck and no one is around to pull you out.

Yea I'm going to try and get one of those soon thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Bananatank

I'm looking to buy a new horn bc i am not very fond of the hummers stock horn so any suggestions on which one to buy hopefully its loud and cheap lol. Any suggestions?

Bananatank

Alright thx also looking for a good back up camera and monitor and I have noted one con about the h3 and that is that there isn't very much room in the front so I'm looking for one of those things you install on the dash to hold stuff. What do yall suggest?

benlaud87

The daystar dash works for little things. As far as the backup cam, id either find an OEM rear view mirror with built in monitor or run a backup cam to a double din in dash DVD player. I just don't like the idea of a monitor sitting on my dash just for a backup cam

Bananatank

The daystar dash works for little things. As far as the backup cam, id either find an OEM rear view mirror with built in monitor or run a backup cam to a double din in dash DVD player. I just don't like the idea of a monitor sitting on my dash just for a backup cam

Idk i think i could live with the little monitor bc its cheap and does the job well but there are many to choose from. Or like you said i could get the radio and have the back up camera enabled on that but then I have to find a radio so what would yall suggest?

benlaud87

My backup camera was a cheap $20 one on amazon, works fine. It plugs in the back of my head unit. As far as radios everyone has a different opinion, I've been thinking of getting the pioneer appradio 3

Bananatank

Just looking for a few more suggestions for the hummer to get a little more out of it, anybody?

Bananatank

Just thought id ask to see if yall would know what this local h3s brushguard is. Here's a picture of his h3 it's actually really nice if i ever run into him imma tell him to check out this site. Anyways here's the pic can yall identify the b/g?
my3uneje.jpg
ahy5eny9.jpg

Airborne

Just a regular dude
My backup camera was a cheap $20 one on amazon, works fine. It plugs in the back of my head unit. As far as radios everyone has a different opinion, I've been thinking of getting the pioneer appradio 3

+1 on the cheap back up camera that plugs into the head. My even has IR lights so it has really great nv capibilities and is super small/easy to install.

If you are looking at the the pioneer appradio I just installed mine last week and love it. I got the 3500 which was on sale for 299. But crutchfield just stopped selling them... It was literally on there 2 days ago. :( Any way the 3600 is still there. I highly recomend them.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X36...S.html?showAll=N&search=AVH-X3600BHS&skipvs=T

And btw Benlaud if you ever want to get rid of your truck let me know. You literally have my dream rig.

Last edited: