• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HMMWV Winch Plate

SolidusJ

Well I'm going to go the cheap way and just cut out the middle of my plastic bumper and install this HMMWV winch plate. ReconH3 I'm going to need a lot of your help and your know how on this job, If you have a step by step or picture from start to end on what you did and don't mind helping me out that would be kick@ss!!!!
111017_0001.jpg111017_0002.jpg111017_0003.jpg111017_0004.jpg

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I will gladly try to help. After new years, I can even bring my truck down so you can get a close look at the setup. Unfortunately I have no pics of that part of the build. This is the only one, and it's pretty much done.

1f999f81.jpg

Two problems from the get go. The first is that I don't have IFS. Since all the steering components, front diff, A-arms, shafts, and shocks are all gone, I have a huge gap inside the frame rails for me to house the winch. Second, the base where the D-rings sit, I had them moved out more. This was done, otherwise I could not remove the winch plate without hitting the bases. Here are two pics where you can see this.

69c67134.jpg

021c54db.jpg

I can tell you what I did. The winch kit comes with the front plate and two side plates. The two side plates usually get bolted onto the HMMWV frame, and then the front plate get bolted to those. In my case, since I don't have a HMMWV frame, we just welded the two side plates to the H3 frame. Now the front plate just bolts onto there. We did a lot of measuring, and talking back and forth with my friends at Warn. Turns out all the numbers matched perfectly!!! Thanks Steve!!!. You probably will be able to mount it out front, the way you have it in your pic, but will require a good fabricator to come up with a solid base. If you don't know of anyone, let me know, and I can point you to a couple of options you can talk to. Hope this helps some.