• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Checking in from PA

ProjektH3

New to the forums but not to Hummers. Was introduced to the site from some old friends from HXC and HBC. A bunch of usernames here look familiar. I was in Cali during those days but now in the North East corner of PA in the Lake Region of the Poconos. I have a 08 H3 Alpha which is stock except for the 35" General Grabber AT2's. Bought it the day it got to the dealership and now a couple hundred miles shy of 100,000 :horns: Luckily besides general maintenance no major problems except the Heat/AC doesnt work. I did have it at the dealership the day after I bought it thanks to having to much fun on a Cerro Gordo trip :roll:

ProjektH3

Welcome from CA! Really like the Cerro Gordo loop. What did you break doing that? I blew out a sidewall last time up there.

Mike

wiring issues with the 4wd system and the front passenger fender piece. I bought it fresh off the truck so what they told me is it didn't have time to get "dealer prepped" and the gap between the fender and door was to close from the flex it started to rub and then not being on a level spot at one stop wife opened the door (passenger side) and it bent the fender piece where the antenna connects.

ProjektH3

My old 06 the weekend after we bought it at Rowher Flats 06RowherFlats.jpg

My current 08 Alpha the day after we bought it. Alphacerrogordo.jpg

ProjektH3

Yeah, I miss HBC. Something about seeing something grow from just thoughts in our heads to what it was so quick. Was sad the day it ended thats for sure.

LagunaH1

To me, HBC was the first ever off road club / group / whatever I belonged to and as such it will always be a special memory. H4O became very much what you just said: An idea that very quickly grew and became an awesome thing. I hope you'll find yourself at home here :)

ProjektH3

Not many places to wheel "comfortably" around here. I have to take a new approach as the financial situation has changed. So not really caring if things broke and get it towed to shop to fix is not possible now. Being a new home owner and having the Hummer be the Daily now makes things tuff. Gotta keep things mild at most. But hopefully besides our normal back roads/ short cuts through the woods I can get back out on the trails with a group of cool people