• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Newbie with a question about remote starter

Crazy8ight

Probationary Member
I am wanting to add a 2-way remote starter on the 2007 H3 that I bought about two weeks ago. Does anyone have any suggestions, preferences, experiences (good or bad)?

thanks,

DJinCO

I wouldn't. The H3 heats up really quickly and I don't see the need to have it "warm up" before I get in.
I have photos where the water temp and transmission temp are below zero, and the intake air temp is -10 on startup. The heater reaches 80 degrees really quickly.

Just my opinion.

Kyle

Sorry for my ignorance but what's a 2 way remote starter?

i didnt know what it was either, so i looked it up! heres what i learned .'Two way' means that the remote and the control module communicate with each other in both directions. When you press the button on the starter remote, it sends a signal one way to the control module, telling it to initiate the car starting sequence. The module will then send a signal back to the remote acknowledging this command. Once the vehicle is idling, the module will send another signal, informing the remote that the engine has been started and all monitored functions are normal.

Two way is also for the digital screen remote starters, which when activated to start the vehicle, it will also show you on the remote unit, that the vehicle has turned on, is running, and how long it will stay on for with a count down timer on most of the new remotes.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
I did a Viper 2-way in my 06 H3 and a Python in my '08. (Viper and Python are the same, just different naming conventions by Clifford electronics.)
I disabled the system when I sold the 08 and placed it back to the normal remote, just to prevent any possible problems that might arise after the sale.
I even kept the remotes.:giggle:
The only return data to the remote was a confirmation that the vehicle had started by showing a little exhaust plume in the remote window designating a running vehicle.