• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

O2 Oxygen sensor replacement?

rascole

Looking to replace the 2 oxygen sensors due to trying to fix P0171 code but I have found 3 different part number on AC Delco's website. I know there are 2 but some websites say position 1 & 2. I can't seem to tell the difference. What have you used?

Ac Delco #'s 213-3207 heated O2 sensor.
213-3542 OE service O2 sensor
213-4348 Profesional heated O2 sensor Position 1

Yes, I have done all of the easy fixes and cleaning so far, just figured that after 113,000 it is time to replace the sensors since they may add to the code.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Position 1 is pre cat and position 2 is post cat. The professional is the lower end of the OE.

rascole

Good news and bad news. I followed my troubleshooting steps and have found the problem.....I hope. My next step was to replace the K&N CAI with the factory setup. After everything was re-installed I let it run for awhile and the light came right back. At this point I'm mad as hell so I take a beer and cigar break. While the 3 is idling the constant rattling noise was bugging the crap out of me so I find that it is the aluminum heat shield over the exhaust manifold that has a loose bolt. After closer inspection I find that 2 of the 4 bolts are completely gone, so I decide to just remove the shield and get a new one later. I ended up having to cut the old one with some snips in order to ease the removal. AND WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE....a cracked manifold on #5. Pretty sure that is the problem. New thread to start soon. 20140223_140752.jpg