• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any rigid owners experience this?

JonBishop

not very happy when I went out and seen this, only like 10" working.... looked over the wiring, and everything for a solid 2hrs, switched fuses, switches, checked connectors and nothing.... Any idea or am I gonna have to tear it open?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JonBishop

i already emailed them to see whats up with it, changed out a wiring harness for another spare brand new one i have, and still the same, seriously going crazy! hopefully they help me in someway, even if i need to send it to them, just grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

rascole

If it is under warranty, turn it in. If it is old, throw it away, unless you know your way around a PCB. If you open the cover you will void the warranty, if you do, check the first solder where the + & - land, other wise just start wiggling it around to find what is loose. Here is a picture of what mine look like inside.
20130508_170032.jpg

digglesworth

I just placed a bulk order with Aurora. Glad I did cause I've heard horror stories about rigids... Hopefully you get it worked out.

digglesworth

That's good to know. Me and two other friends just put in an order for 14 lights. I got 2 cubes for the rear, 2 for the front along with a 10" bar. All going up on the rack... Can't wait.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Rigid claims to be the best of the best. With them using shotguns, hammers, bats, drill presses all as a part of the abuse. They have had their lights still work and function after a vehicle was burnt down.

I am shocked it just stopped working, for the price they charge I would raise absolute hell!

rascole

With all due respect to Rigid, they have done a tremendous job with introducing LED lights to the off road industry. But, pretty much all they do now is assemble the lights here. They may have a patent on the reflector, but that is it. Cree, Osram, Phillips, etc. do the engineering with regards to the diode and PCB. Just like Dell computers, they assemble other manufacturers parts to make their own product with minor tweaks here and there. Rigid will have to eventually drop their prices in order to still compete with the other so called knock offs. 99% of which are made in China.

LoJac963

That's a good point. Once I ordered some ceramic substrate LED's from a US company for triple the price as from China. Ordered the exact same bulbs from china for dirt cheap and both worked just as well. Unfortunately manufacturing has all but gone away in the U.S.

amrg

Me and humvee put a joint order for aurora lights. Honestly when they came here the first impression was: there is nothing chinese about them!

We got spots and the light output is tremendous. Everything is well taken care off, wiring, connectors and weatherproofing everything. Only setback I had was that they shipped me a 20 A fuse for a 40". Changed it to 25.
For the price, best value for money.
uploadfromtaptalk1391156829202.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391156858415.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391156884420.jpg

Anyway, have a desert run tonight and ill find how durable they are (gna be alot of high speed shaking)

JonBishop

So it has been awhile but they are finally fixed!!!!! the positive came unconnected so jus had to solder it and done!!! Will post lit up pics later [emoji4] soo happy it's fixed!!!!

JonBishop

did you fix it or was it fixed by rigid and then returned to you?

I fixed it myself, really wasn't that hard, jus had to unscrew some allen screws and take the reflectors out and the panel with everything is right there, really wasn't bad at all, was jus lazy hahaha

rascole

I fixed it myself, really wasn't that hard, jus had to unscrew some allen screws and take the reflectors out and the panel with everything is right there, really wasn't bad at all, was jus lazy hahaha

From my experience you just voided the Rigid warranty by just unscrewing the cover. I had that issue with my original set. Lens cracked and they said ship the whole thing.

JonBishop

From my experience you just voided the Rigid warranty by just unscrewing the cover. I had that issue with my original set. Lens cracked and they said ship the whole thing.

Yes I did lol I bought my e series from a co worker so I probably wouldn't have the warranty anyways and didn't wanna go threw the hassle of sending it to them and all that, I have a few buddy's that deal with electrical stuff for their jobs, so thy were gonna fix it for me, they thought the whole time it was gonna be a resister but jus turned out to be a loose connection in the soldering, happy now i know how the whole bar comes together too, thought it was gonna be a lot more to it but nope lol

JonBishop

I have 3 l.e.d.'s out in my light bar how do I fix them? Would it be similar?

I don't kno if urs is set up the same as mine, different company's= different light bars, I think the lights probably went out other then bad connection, but that's jus my opinion, you won't kno till u open it up

derian06

Red Rockett
I don't kno if urs is set up the same as mine, different company's= different light bars, I think the lights probably went out other then bad connection, but that's jus my opinion, you won't kno till u open it up

Its been out since it left the factory so i'm guessing it's connection. But i'll take it apart and post pics some time.