• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

olive green H3

digglesworth

I was driving over to missouri from illinois the other day cruising at around 60mph and I saw another H3 coming up in the fast lane. Didn't seem too friendly cause they just passed on buy doing 70+mph. No wave or anything. It was painted matte olive green and had some red stars painted on the side and rear. Didn't look to have anything special other than a personalized paint job.

My buddy also sent me a pic of a Rancho lifted H3 in his town about 20min away... Said it belongs to some girl that's smokin hot. And from the previous times he's seen it, he said it looks like she wheels the scrap out of it. The pic he sent me was a lifted H3 with big chrome rims, 35" ATs, chrome nerf bars and no spare... Hmmmm.

digglesworth

I figured if it was anyone that belongs to any forum, they wouldve waved or something... Chad doesn't have red stars though, does he? And it looked a little darker green...

I told my buddy to give the chick my info. My girlfriend was sitting next to me and I definitely got the "stink eye"....

digglesworth

That's why I said hmmmm.... She may take it out on some back roads and get a little dirt on it... But most people that wheel the scrap out of rigs usually have a little bit of off road specific stuff (ucp, sliders, etc) and usually don't have nerf bars.

High Five H2

I'm doubtful when you say "Wheels the crap out of it" and include the word "nerf bars."

no kidding. i went out in the hills and screwed around in mine right after I got it before I got a chance to take my nerfs off and I bent one and it rubbed on the tire. I had to use my tire iron on the side of the highway at night on a date to bend it back into place. it worked out, though, because the girl was pretty cool with it and... I'm going to propose to her this weekend. so that's cool.

chad

Wasn't me. I live in Fayetteville North Carolina, and no stars or decals on mine. But now I am very interested in seeing it. If anyone gets pics post em!

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
no kidding. i went out in the hills and screwed around in mine right after I got it before I got a chance to take my nerfs off and I bent one and it rubbed on the tire. I had to use my tire iron on the side of the highway at night on a date to bend it back into place. it worked out, though, because the girl was pretty cool with it and... I'm going to propose to her this weekend. so that's cool.

Sounds like ya got lucky! :)

digglesworth

Wasn't me. I live in Fayetteville North Carolina, and no stars or decals on mine. But now I am very interested in seeing it. If anyone gets pics post em!

Wish I would've had time to get the camera out... Or even catch the license plate for that matter. Dunno if I'll run across them again.

digglesworth

I've had a guidebook for the red for years but haven't ever made it down there. There's plans to take my truck on a bunch of climbing trips this year. SoIll is sweet. It's about 20min from me.

Rlmenendez

So, we are supposed to wave at other hummers? I never wave. I must look like an ahole. Good thing my windows are tinted. Lol

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I've had a guidebook for the red for years but haven't ever made it down there. There's plans to take my truck on a bunch of climbing trips this year. SoIll is sweet. It's about 20min from me.

Few of my friends drove down to SoIll last weekend to do some climbing, to cold for me to want to go out, but they had fun.

digglesworth

So, we are supposed to wave at other hummers? I never wave. I must look like an ahole. Good thing my windows are tinted. Lol

Well if you ever see a red H3 with black rims, 35s and a roof rack around the st louis area, you better wave. Lol. I'm on the east side over in Belleville.
Schwarttzy... You got any good climbing spots up there by you?

digglesworth

Cool. I got into alpine climbing last year. Went to Colorado a few times. Got my first summit. Did some ice climbing, some mixed climbing and snow climbing. Everything was natural protection.... Pretty cool stuff. Then I broke my collar bone in July and haven't been able to climb. Me and my buddy's are planning on getting into leading trad routes. Probably be at least a few trips to the red this year.