• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Off road evo gets an h3t!!!

Zach

Mall Crawler
Old news. Told you about it. And I'm sure grease in hand. Was told it would probably be wheeled with the group

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Mel ORE bough it a little wile ago (I have a feeling it was with my influence),it's same one we had on LCC run.
Mel will be joining us on some runs with this truck, so we better step up to the challenge.

owlxxx

I just saw that on their facebook feed so I came here to see if anyone had any more info. That is one sweet ride.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys on more runs with this especially with mel at the helm. I'm sure it's already causing an uproar in the Jeep nation haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
That's cool to see. Il take some positive publicity for Hummer from a group like that.
I love reading the hater comments. :corn: What a bunch of sheep they are...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
My respect for ORE has increased simply because they seem to not care about the brand but rather about what makes something a good or interesting wheeler.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Chase was Mel's personal and street legal truck (H3T now and he build it too). Jeep that he owns is race only vehicle. Out of all vehicles his preference seem to be GM.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
356adf61.jpg

6a4e2563.jpg

That's the one that was getting built right after mine. I really love how the H3T looked after it was done. I wonder what size tires he's running now? Did he also swap the rear axle out, since the original owner didn't want to?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
356adf61.jpg

6a4e2563.jpg

That's the one that was getting built right after mine. I really love how the H3T looked after it was done. I wonder what size tires he's running now? Did he also swap the rear axle out, since the original owner didn't want to?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

When I saw this truck at last chance canyon it still had the stock 10 bolt and he was running 35s. He was sitting pretty tall too...he was using stock springs with stock hangers on the soa with coilovers in the front to match it.

Here is why I am most excited for Mel to own a hummer...first off it messes with the haters second of all he will probably run 40s but likes low cog so I'm curious to see how much trimming he will do with our massive fenders. 3rd I'm curious to see what mods he will make with the BCM. You see him sink the GMC, I'm sure he will with the T. Lastly I'm curious what he will do with the T case...

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Originally truck was set up for 37"s. Owner didn't like ride so he switched to 35"s. Ex-owner is a Jeep guy, he has like 10 of them.

Biggest problem is ex didn't change TC and having SA is pointless if you can't disconnect front driveshaft. Rear is OEM as far as I know (SOA).

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Mel hates snorkels so he will probably never put it in water deeper than the frame. If even that. I do hope he starts to play with fenders and make some stronger wider ones. The funny thing is that he also hates roof racks, and yet he has left on the one the owner installed. He always says that snorkels and roof racks are gay, so I told him I must be bi-sexual since I use a snorkel, but not a roof rack. :)

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
having SA is pointless if you can't disconnect front driveshaft.

I don't get that argument. It may be a preference but both systems have their ups and downs. Land Rover, G Wagons, Jeep WJs are all full time vehicles that work perfectly well without disconnecting front drive shaft. My setup is also like that too, and I also have other SA vehicles that disconnect. As long as the setup doesn't break, it really doesn't matter one bit unless you're a hardcore competitor.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
In that T case

My point was, with OEM TC you have 2 options:
1 stay with hubs locked 100% full time 4wd(OEM set up) no mpg benefit
2 unlock hubs, but lock TC in 4hi (front shaft and half shafts turning) 50%. May be a slight mpg increase

With something like Atlas TC you can go FWD,RWD,4WD. And adding SA you can go FWD 1wheel drive. This set up is best I my opinion and bring most of benefits.

Biggest expense is SAS and it's done so changing to Atlas is not a big problem.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I think my favorite t case is the np242.

2wd
4hi unlocked like the H3 and H2.
4hi locked
Neutral
4lo locked

I like this because if you break something in the front you can put it in 2wheel but I am a fan of 4hi unlocked because last winter on a snow run my brother and I went on the ride up he kept having to stop and go from 2 to 4 then back to 2. We would hit a patch of snow and couldn't make it in 2 wheel then he would put it in 4hi then the road was dry and would start binding so back to 2. With 4hi unlocked I love it for rain and snow. Drive without constantly stopping.

If you want 2wheel with our case pull the driveline and put it in 4hi locked

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Unfortunately due to the electronics in the H3 the Atlas option is way more complicated than most think. Otherwise a few of us would have already done it. Mel is the perfect candidate to experiment with this since he has the knowledge. It's not impossible but the BCM really makes it close to impossible.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
H2 got 3:1 Atlas 2 cable shifts, front (hi,n,low) and same rear.

I will have to rig something up to trick OEM electronics to know when I am in low.