• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

n0use build thread

n0useforaname

Not sure exactly what I'm gonna get myself into, but I'm starting a build thread now, and will update it when I do new things.. my goal is to eventually toss a Duramax in this thing.. But for now, here is my current list:

Just picked up

• 17X9 Fuel Revolvers on 35X12.50 Fuel Mud Grippers
  • Recon roof light kit
  • Blackout kit for turns/brakes/drl's/etc..
  • Predator Fuel Door
  • Pioneer x8500bhs head unit
  • LED interior swap
  • Truck Lite 27270c LED headlights
  • LED DRL's and Reverse lights
  • Dismounted spare and added black billet license plate holder with built in camera
  • 20% window tint
  • Getting grill color matched to vehicle
  • Tore out interior to go to paint shop as well for some updating :)

Now all of this stuff SHOULD be done by next week.. but for now, here is a stock pic of the day I picked it up

FD0EDA16-D2C8-4F64-A81C-7D1B19693215_zpsnq23dasc.png

n0useforaname

I'll def. be posting pics :) And I also found that all 4 of my tranny coolant lines are leaking at the crimps.. frickin GM and their weak crimps.. same thing happened to my Dmax.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
3Hummers, I miss your 05SUT as that was a great truck!

n0use, looking forward to the build pics.

n0useforaname

So now I wanna see 3Hummers 05SUT. Pics?

And last night I got the new wheels/tires on.. going for an alignment today. Picking up grill and interior pieces this afternoon from paint shop.. Just ordered some rigid driving lights for my fog area on the guard.. Swapped out pretty much everything else to LED so far, and did some other cosmetic mods. Hoping to have all my stuff together and pics up soon... Although last night I could of flipped.. I loaded my new wheels/tires in the bed and left the tonneau up.. pulled into my garage to literally just bentit in half :( So I'm bidding on a used on on ebay right now, and bended mine back enough to make it usable.. I'm such a S%$T.

And what tire pressure do most run in these? I have 40 PSI right now, and it feels good.. just checkin on other opinions.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Welcome and keep us updated on your mods. Great rig!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

n0useforaname

I know I'm LONG overdue for photos, but the weather here has been garbage, my interior was out for almost two months, and I literally just finished everything up. Also added a set of Dually LED lights on the brush guard and got some new bottom leather seats coming my way. Hoping to snap a few photos tonight.

n0useforaname

Nice LEDs. How bright are they?

Looks good so far, I'd like to see some more pics and info on those LED headlights!

LED headlights IMO are the best money I've spent so far.. In all my other vehicles I've had Silverstars, HIDs (3000K, 4500K, 6000K, 8000K), etc.. and nothing compares to the LED. There were two options.. the JW Speaker and Truck-Lite.. I decided to go the Truck-Lite route because I liked the look better.. and the light output isn't that far off from the JW Speaker. I just never liked the glass golf ball look in headlights.. no matter how fantastic they are. These perfectly cut the light off in a straight line, and I can see everything I need to. I actually debated putting the Duallys on, because I don't "need" them.. but I already spent the money and had the switch installed so I did. And I'll try to snap some better daytime pics today..

RamRod

x100 on wanting to see more of the headlight install!!

I saw on another forum a guy who installed the truck-lite's on a rig that bolted straight in with no mods and loved them!! And of course after seeing them I wanted a set for my T!

The only way I thought that this could be done was by making a square block off plate to fill the area between the grill and the headlight, but I wasn't sure how i would attach the Truck-lites to the existing "light bucket"... hoping you can shed some light on how you did that (pun intended).

Thanks!

n0useforaname

For me it was very easy... I think I took off 3 nuts.. pulled the black square housings off, took out the headlights, replaced with new and done. They were pretty much plug-n-play with my H2.

RamRod

Oh IC I just looked up the diagram of the H2 head light and see how you did it, I don't know why but I assumed that the H2 and H3 would have both had the same style of headlight.... I wonder if a H2 healight could be modded with the Trick-lites then modded to fit an h3/h3t

Thanks for the update!

Now for some night time shoots haha