• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

battery help

digglesworth

fuse1.jpgfuse2.jpgso I need new battery terminals. does anyone know the sizes of the wires going to them. I also have this extra red wire in the pos. terminal with an inline fuse going to a Delphi harness connector. im putting in an aux fuse block so ill redirect this wire into a 10a fuse slot in the block but ill still need a terminal with 3 wire holes (2 bigger ones and one smaller one)... ill still be using a neg terminal with 2. (a bigger one and a little smaller one)

digglesworth

I just picked up som tsunami terminals from amazon... They're the BT816C. They have 1-4awg and 2-8awg per terminal. I hope those work.

digglesworth

ordered another set of Stingers. they have one with 2-4awg/1-8awg for the positive an one with 1-4awg/1-8awg for the negative. these seem a little better matched to the battery cables I have. since I don't know the size of the wires going to the terminals, its kind of a shot in the dark.

digglesworth

IMAG0491.jpgIMAG0492.jpgIMAG0490.jpg

The terminals would look better if they were pointing straight ahead instead of pigeon-toed but the caps on this battery are raised instead of flat. The 3 relays are for my aux lights. You probably need that space for the 2 batteries. I don't plan on doing the dual battery setup so i mounted them there.

rascole

How do you like those Stinger clamps? Do the set screws ever vibrate loose over time? Did you just reuse the OEM cables? Do you remember what gauge they are?

digglesworth

4/4/8 awg and 4/8
They worked great for what I needed. I just cut the factory ones off and stripped the wires back. I used the 8awg hole on the positive side for the aux block with an inline fuse.
Havent had any issues with em coming loose. They came with sleeves to use if one post is smaller. I had to use one on my neg terminal but took the sleeve out for the larger pos terminal... Set screws aregood and tight.