• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

120,000 mile warranty

SuperBuickGuy

been there, done that, replaced that... got the receipts; just not from a GM dealer.... (insert cuss word or two)

I even had it at a GM dealer getting the air bag computer fixed - they said nothing about GM picking up the bill when I pointed out the issues I was having with the MIL light and the TPS. I replaced both the throttle pedal and the throttle body (there are two sensors, and no easy way of telling which one is faulty).... I may have to have a word or two with them..

Last edited:

4speedfunk

After arguing with my local service manager over warranty issues, I told my GM dealer to "suck it"...and I've never looked back. That was back at 4200 miles. Now I'm at only 39,996 miles (into an alleged 100,000 mile warranty) and my H3 finally has the durability and ruggedness worthy of being tagged a "Hummer". Best of all, I no longer have to stand there and explain mechanical issues to a completely incompetent service crew (deer in the headlights). Whatever inspiration and passion that spawned the H3 inside GM's headquarters...never made it out to the dealers.

I'm as happy to be done with GM...as they are to be done with Hummer. I feel we both learned a lot from the Hummer experience:

I learned to never buy a GM product again.
They learned to stick to Cobalts and Malibus.

Last edited:

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
I love how many of you are voicing what I'm thinking. This H3 is a nice rig, but I don't believe for a second it was ever worth what it cost new. Wayyy too many glitches and short cuts for a "luxury" vehicle IMHO.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Granted, these feelings are stemming for the moment from the dreaded intermittent windshield wiper issue, where my wipers only work on high, everything else is off, and they kick on for two swipes and some change every time the key turns to AC. Already ruled out the fuse & diode.. :/ glad that GM quality decided to rear itself right as oregons 10 month rainy season kicks off....