• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Replacement lower ball joint-OEM vs. AC Delco

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, we confirmed one thing today - the OEM part and AC Delco parts are not the same. The OEM one is, of course, just like the one in your truck now and the AC Delco one has the zerk fitting and blue (silicone?) boot.

AC Delco part # 45D2432, Amazon, $35

OEM part # 15245579, lists at $94, can be had for less but still more than the AC Delco part ($69 here) gmpartshouse.com

I was able to verify this when we ordered an OEM one for Jerry's truck for installation this week.

Best4x4

Aren't the lowers the same P/N as a 1500 Chevy 4x4 without aluminum arms? Pretty sure it's the same P/N on Oreilly's site and I've heard the Synergy lowers for a Chevy 1500 will work on our H3's.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't know if OEM is better or AC Delco, but I'd lean towards the latter. We're getting OEM for a variety of reasons, most importantly was the limited time we had to get parts before installing

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
OEM is Delco right?

Yes and no. In this case, the OEM and Delco part numbers and products are different. Perhaps Delco makes the OEM part but they also make another ball joint that is compatible but was not spec'd as part of the original build

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Aren't the lowers the same P/N as a 1500 Chevy 4x4 without aluminum arms? Pretty sure it's the same P/N on Oreilly's site and I've heard the Synergy lowers for a Chevy 1500 will work on our H3's.

interesting. I just looked it up. Its seems that there are two types, one with the aluminum arm, like you stated, and one that looks identical to ours. There is only one way to find out though.

Synergy makes good stuff. My brother runs them on his JK and many say they are the best bang for your buck. Right now I dont have the funds with my front diff rebuild but in the future I may contact them and ask if I can ship out a lower ball joint (I have OEM spares) and have them compare them to the chevys. If it works out this will be a great alternative. greasable (excuse to use the grease gun zach!) and should hold up to the abuse.