• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Indy 4wheel Jamboree

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Last edited:

4speedfunk

I got some video from this event, too.

BTW that Ford van was awesome! It had a diesel, 4WD SA conversion, fridge, freezer, water-heater, custom bumpers, etc. I spoke to the owner/builder and he and his wife had just returned from a camping trip in Canada. He said the border patrol pretty much tore it apart looking for weapons, drugs, and such. No doubt the all-black theme played a part in the suspicion.

Also, I stopped by the Eaton tent and spoke to a guy there. He showed me the new and improved Dana 44 E-locker that is coming out around Thanksgiving. Its a new 4-pinion design that's supposed to be much stronger than the current model...(good to know since I was getting ready to buy one!). He also informed me that the factory E-lockers that came in our GM 8.6 rear axles, have been replaced with a newer, stronger design. Gone are the "pins" that tend to round-off, and the new design uses dog-rings instead. I'm very impressed with whats coming out of Eaton, and its good to see a company that listens to complaints and improves and updates its products accordingly.

Last edited:

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Guess that's what happens when you feel the need to overland tactically. All that black screams look at me. Nice rig, but always surprised when folks go that route :wink: Granted, when the state Department decides that tactical overland rigs are a great alternative to frontal assault some will be better prepared than others :)