• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Lol! Keeping gett'n the "bird", "finger", "FU digit" driving or parked....

Happy Hummer

At 1st it was bugging me something awful that dudes were giving me the bird just driving along or parked , now I just had to laugh yesterday when I was parked at the curb (all lawn care gear loaded and trailer in tow) and a Sh@t box cutlass from the k-car area comes around and the guy is slowing....slow...ing...almost there... down just to wave the "diggit" proudly.... What a work of art...Lol! Duche!Chris

kflips

Happens a about as often as people pulling out their phones to take a picture -- so I guess its all in the view

digglesworth

Ever heard of the "FUH2" website. People post pics of themselves flipping off H2s. Apparently some people can't believe other people would drive such gas guzzlers while american soldiers are out fighting for things H2 owners "take for granted"... Most likely started by a prius owner.... Wonder if it's trickling down to us H3 owners...

Makes me really want a "my hummer ran over your prius" bumper sticker...

UT-H3

I never get the bird. Only Jeeps wanting to mess with me. I find it humorous!!

Best4x4

I had a 2013 lifted 4DR Wrangler try to keep up with me on the freeway the other day in my H3 Alpha. At first when he saw me coming up behind him he got over in front of me to keep me from passing, and I was laughing to myself because he had no clue I had a V8. Well I started to push 80, 85, behind him and he finally got over and I just blasted past him with a nice rumble of a V8. Later on down the road I exited the freeway and of coarse by now he's seen the ARB Front Bumper, Winch, Large tires, and then from the rear the Bilstein 5100's and the G2 Aluminum Diff Cover/Guard, well I looked over as he finally caught up to me and I actually got a wave and a thumbs up!!

Guess I caught him by surprise that some people actually mod, lift, and wheel their H3's!!! I have plenty of Jeep's "try" to mess with me but once they either hear the V8 or I blast past their 65MPH top speed mall crawler rigs I leave them wondering with a puzzled look which is so priceless.

I still own 2 Jeeps an 05 Wrangler Unlimited and an 04 Grand Cherokee AWD with the 4.7L V8 and while their good vehicles for the most part it's the new wave of Jeep owners I can't stand. Ever since the JK came out the mentality of a Jeep owner has changed so much. It used to be all about modifying your rigs, and wheeling. Now it's how many accessories do you have, clean it up for a trip to the mall, and lets slap a huge stupid nickname on the hood to fit in with all the other people.... I was an Organizer of a Jeep Club, but once those people started joining and taking over vs the hardcore wheelers I resigned, and I have since not rejoined a Jeep Club.. I wheel with friends and I am not picky or stuck up when it comes to brands of 4x4's. I wave at Jeeps, Hummers, Blazers, Toyota's, Mitsubishi's, Suzuki's, or any modified 4x4 that some one actually wheels. Some people wave some people don't, but I have yet to get a bird shot at me lol.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I have had a ton of jeep waves lately but the other day some bitch in a bone stock fj cruiser flipped me off. I didnt cut her off or anything I could think of that warranted a flip off. Not sure what her problem was because every time I passed her or she passed me I got the finger each time.

UT-H3

Lol. I think it may be because mine is bone stock. No lift or anything they try to "mess" with me. However, Now that you mention it Best4X4, I had a 2 door wrangler attempt to jump me off the line at a light. He got ahead before I put my foot into it. My little I5 passed him right up. And I also agree, I don't mind any rig that's modified to wheel, But for the most part here, I've noticed, the Jeeps and FJ's are mall cruisers. I don't rock crawl, But i'm a big fan of getting muddy and dirty!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I don't know that I've ever gotten the finger driving my truck. Everyone must think its too cool!! :wink:

Sent with Tapacrack

SuperBuickGuy

there was ribbing about my driving a Hummer in my SAR group; until I pointed this out: whenever we're transporting people, my H3 always fills first....

oh, and the other part of that scientific study, the Toyota FJ always fills last if at all....

SickStringC

I've had it happen here in Austin a time or two. I've also been blatantly boxed out in traffic, etc. I have pretty mild driving habits and a really stress-free commute to and from work so I just relax, get where I'm going when I get there and let other people get all worked up over nothing if they so choose. Whatever makes people feel better about themselves - if flipping off, cutting off or boxing out a random person in an H3 is how people get their kicks, whatever. I find if I want space in traffic and someone doesn't want to let me have it for no good reason (changing lanes, etc), I just slowly take the space and people readily give it up when the alternative is testing the basic law of physics which states that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. :giggle: The off-roaders in my area seem to have the same mutual respect for the H3 as I do for their rigs.

2010H3TAlpha

Despite how yuppie this area is and the various econoboxes that like to tailgate me, reactions to the H3T have been very good. I haven't had any issues getting into busy traffic, merging, etc. Lots of stares, people following me to get a closer look, I even overheard a group of people talking about how cool it was at the bank last week (they were right next to me but didn't realize I was the owner until I went to leave, very funny reactions).

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
I get the looks and obvious conversations directed towards the rig, my wife says I'm full of crap LOL! But she's coming around. My new line as it becomes more & more obvious and I catch individuals checking it out, and either ogling, or coming to terms with how b!tchin it is, is "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand FAN!" Then I look at my wife and smile like a priest who just managed to pull off 200 baptisms in 30 min(impressive amount of splashing btw, let alone upper body strength, regardless of how buoyant his fat converts are, and am sure the priest moonlights as an auctioneer) dunno why that analogy kept embellishing in my head this morning. It's early, but it's hittin my funny spot.:giggle: Sooo much digressing.:) FANS! Gotta love em!

evldave

I generally get good looks, can't remember last time I got a finger (but I am somewhere on FUH2 even though it's a 3 :)) Worse are the eggs...used to happen regularly about every 6 months...last couple years it's slowed down - I think the last time I got egged was last fall. Good thing I never wash it or you'd be able to see the egg marks in the paint :mock:

4speedfunk

The only thing worse than getting the finger?....

Having some guy checking out my H3 in a parking lot and saying..."Hey nice Jeep".

:giggle:

Kyle

i had some ******* in an audi TT cut me off.....soo following i promptly flicked on the rigid industries lights and lit the whole rear end of his car up like day time. he replied by rolling his window down and flipping me off, so i decided to continue following him for awhile. he finally got tired of holding his arm out the window and just floored it off. made my night! lol

High Five H2

^^^ rofl

if I have off road lights I would definitely be tempted to do that, especially to tailgaters

the biggest problem with tailgaters is that I can't even see them and I have no idea that they are there. I just keep driving down the road at my slower-than-average speed :) that's why getting boxed in and stuff doesn't really matter to me. I'm driving at slightly above the limit, which is typically way slower than most traffic.

But, eh, whatever. Who cares if people do that stuff. As long as I don't get keyed or something then it doesn't bother me. If they did get more aggressive than just shouting at me from a moving car, then we'd have problems. I used to be pretty laid back but ever since my divorce I've been a whole lot more "straightforward" with people. 2 years of krav maga to back that straightforwardness up. I live in Utah, though, and most people drive 4x4s so it's typically not an issue, except in the hippie areas of SLC.

Expendable

I don't normally pay attention to the drivers. I pay attention to the cars. it's not worth the energy to let some jealous guy attempting to piss me off just because he isn't happy he can't (or more likely doesn't have the motivation) to afford a Hummer.

Kyle

^^^ rofl

if I have off road lights I would definitely be tempted to do that, especially to tailgaters

the biggest problem with tailgaters is that I can't even see them and I have no idea that they are there. I just keep driving down the road at my slower-than-average speed :) that's why getting boxed in and stuff doesn't really matter to me. I'm driving at slightly above the limit, which is typically way slower than most traffic.

But, eh, whatever. Who cares if people do that stuff. As long as I don't get keyed or something then it doesn't bother me. If they did get more aggressive than just shouting at me from a moving car, then we'd have problems. I used to be pretty laid back but ever since my divorce I've been a whole lot more "straightforward" with people. 2 years of krav maga to back that straightforwardness up. I live in Utah, though, and most people drive 4x4s so it's typically not an issue, except in the hippie areas of SLC.

oh for tailgaters i do even worse. all the time when driving home at night coming up the 2 lane street in my neighborhood area (1 lane goes one way, the other goes the other way) its a 35mph hour zone but people love to do 50+mph. anyway....one night im coming home (in a bad mood to begin with) some idiot starts tailgating me, flashing his high beams at me, etc. i slow down to 10mph and just watched this guy go into full rage mode, he honking and trying to get me to speed up so i just kept slowing down, by the time i got to the turn for my street i was just idling along. This guy was boiling over mad. to make my turn i signaled and came to a complete stop, waited for a 30 seconds, and this guys just laying on his horn and screaming out of his window. after laughing to myself i slowly turned. the guy ended up flooring it off. i want to get some rigids for the rear as "reverse lights" lol

poncho1965

oh for tailgaters i do even worse. all the time when driving home at night coming up the 2 lane street in my neighborhood area (1 lane goes one way, the other goes the other way) its a 35mph hour zone but people love to do 50+mph. anyway....one night im coming home (in a bad mood to begin with) some idiot starts tailgating me, flashing his high beams at me, etc. i slow down to 10mph and just watched this guy go into full rage mode, he honking and trying to get me to speed up so i just kept slowing down, by the time i got to the turn for my street i was just idling along. This guy was boiling over mad. to make my turn i signaled and came to a complete stop, waited for a 30 seconds, and this guys just laying on his horn and screaming out of his window. after laughing to myself i slowly turned. the guy ended up flooring it off. i want to get some rigids for the rear as "reverse lights" lol

Gonna get your ass beat one day doing that...

Mike