• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Don't try this while on a trail

Expendable

like the roller coaster attendent says please keep all arms, legs, body parts, etc in the vehicle at all times.

[video=youtube;vPQn08KXs1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQn08KXs1M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Zach

Mall Crawler
My cousin, threw his arm out in Moab like that as we were leaning towards a rock. Had to put it in park and had a lecture on it. Yeah, natural reflex but keep your arms in the truck

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen people do that without getting hurt. I know it is a reflex but really are you going to hold up a 6000# truck with your arm?

ArtHummer

Ouch...
What reflex are you talking about? Push the tree out of the way??? I don't know, but from my experience if something is happening with a car I greep my steering wheel even tighter, you never know when you will have to fight it out. My reflex is two hands on the wheel at all time.

RamRod

I hate it when people have that reaction, but even worse is when a passenger is scared and tried to grab the STEERING WHEEL instead!!:banghead:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Remember that quite well with right behind him with Madison in my truck. Had to censor my reaction

Zach

Mall Crawler
We all yelled at him. Poor Adrian. Luckily it wasn't the end result of this video. Close but in cigar

SickStringC

For any of you that have the '09 / '10 with the airbag issue, keeping all parts of the body in the vehicle at all times is not limited to arms for trees / obstacles. Fru said he was about to stick his head out of the window to see ahead when his side airbags deployed at HFAP not long ago. *THANK GOD* he was sitting upright in his seat when it happened. I don't even want to think about what would happen to a person with their head out the window when those things go off. It sounded like a cannon when they deployed and anything in their way is violently relocated upon deployment.