• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 Windshield Plastic Surround vibrating fix?

2007HummerH2

I was wondering if anyone knew how the plastic surrounds on both sides of the windshield come off the H2? Mine are vibrating at highway speeds and I need to do the silicone fix.
I did a search but did not find anything......even a parts diagram would be great! I don't want to break them trying to get them off.

LoJac963

Very easy, open the door and you'll see 2 Philips head screws which hold the trim to the rig. Take those out now look towards the bottom of the trim piece. There is a small tab that the weatherstriping attaches to. Just pull the weatherstrip forward and it will come off and you can remove the trim piece. I didn't do silicone with mine I cleaned them really well and used double sided sticky foam-the dense stuff. Good luck!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I let mine drive me nuts for the better part of a year before I took it apart and fixed it. Literally takes minutes to remove the trim, clean off old rubber and stick on some new stuff. I didn't bother to silicone mine, just picked up new foam at hardware store with sticky tape and done.
Easy cheesy

LoJac963

Yeah I don't recommend the silicone fix. If you ever need to remove that trim to run wires or whatever it will be a PITA. Not too far after fixing mine I wired all my roof rack lights and that's where the main bundle of wires run to the engine compartment.

Savethereef

I went to Michael crafts store and got some little sponge square double sided stickers. Put them under the molds and sound was gone

Sent from my Galaxy 4S

Savethereef

Lol I felt like a ding dong after mine was fixed. Now when I go 80 I don't hear it. Only when I go 110 mph xD

Sent from my Galaxy 4S