• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

DJinCO

Rascole, I went to the web site and looked at the instructions. I don't see where I installed it incorrectly. Can you tell me which way it is supposed to be. The photo is sideways. The black crossbeam is the bottom. Fumoto is sending me a new valve and gasket.

Thank you

rascole

Yeah, the picture is misleading. But you have the new model that lets you "clock" the valve in any position you want. Hold the valve in the position you want the tighten with an allen wrench. A small dab of teflon paste or RTV on the gasket surface will stop almost any leaks.

poncho1965

I know this is an old thread. I put one of these on last May. I noticed a lot of oil on the underside. The drive shaft has a nice coating.
I'm going back to the plug. It will take far less time than cleaning the oil from the underside.

Last night I noticed oil in the right front wheel well, no level showing on dipstick. Going to pull skids and investigate, suspect it's at the fumoto valve as well. Guess I'll decide course of action depending on what I find.

rascole

Right front wheel well? Drain plug is located behind the wheels on the left side so I doubt the Fumoto is the culprit. The oil filter and sensor are located near there.

DJinCO

Fumoto sent me a new valve, and a postage paid mailer for the old one. I believe that I will use some teflon paste on the threads. I looked at gaskets, but I am not sure that the threads would reach properly. I like the teflon paste idea. I have a second one to install on my 5.3L also. I just hadn't gotten to it yet. The 5.3L uses and adapter with a fiber gasket. The 3.5L just has a rubber o-ring.