• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black 2010 H3T Alpha Offroad Build in Washington State

2010H3TAlpha

Hello Everyone! After seeing Chris' H3T for sale on Expedition Portal at the beginning of the month, I HAD to have one. I didn't know these existed in real life prior to seeing his ad, I thought these were concepts or prototypes or whatever.

In case you did not see my WTB thread in the classifieds, I was looking for a 2009-2010 Alpha with the offroad package and leather. With Kyle's help, we found a 2010 H3T Alpha Offroad at the Toyota dealer in Pueblo, CO. It had been owned by a 56 year old woman, had 15k on the odometer and had been sitting on the lot for 57 days when I called. They were motivated to sell since no one was looking at this thing past the Priuses and Tacomas that make up the bulk of their sales volume. So we made a deal that I could not refuse and flew my brother-in-law down to pick it up. Here it is last weekend above Lake Keechelus near Snoqualmie Pass about an hour east of Seattle, WA:

51tq.jpg

9h97.jpg

Today my rock sliders from Rocky Road arrived and I threw them on as soon as I finished up with work (well, I still have a little work to do tonight but I needed to take advantage of the daylight, right? ;)). Thanks to my lovely wife for helping hold them while I installed the first of the bolts on each side.

jrtk.jpg

Last weekend my truck boxes arrived. I installed the main OEM Hummer toolbox for a double date trip we had planned with friends on Saturday and it held a lot of stuff for us. I also ordered two of the side boxes though those have yet to be unpacked.

vh57.jpg

I read an article recently on the H3T where the author described its visibility "like a submarine". Especially compared to my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland, this is very true. The Jeep's tapered body and lack of a pickup bed make it one of the easiest rigs to see out of among anything I have ever driven. So today I installed a couple of convex mirrors from O'Reilly auto parts to help with backing up and changing lanes. The backup camera will definitely be one of my next modifications if the price isn't too crazy.

4q22.jpg

Next on the list will be the stereo. It will consist of:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS (have the same one in my Jeep and LOVE it)
Vibe Litebox Stereo 2 (tweeter amp)
Vibe Litebox Stereo 4 (mid amp)
Vibe Litebox Bass 1 (subwoofer amp)
CSS LD25X tweeters up front
4x Dynaudio MW162GT mids in the doors
Stereo Integrity BM MKIII 12" subwoofer under the rear seat (if we can get it to fit, it will be a tough one but it is a super slim sub, only 3.4" deep)

I'll be deadening the doors and possibly the floor with butyl/aluminum sheeting which will help reduce road noise, though it is much lower noise than I was expecting with 33's and GM build quality. Pleasant surprise!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more updates/mods!

Edit: Almost forgot, if you are in the Seattle area and want to meet up for a quick wheeling trip, I am almost always down to go. There are some FUN power line service trails that we just discovered recently which make for a nice after-work treat. And if anyone has any cool trails to share, I am always up for a new location. We'll be exploring a new area above Roslyn on Friday, August 9th if anyone is interested in blowing off work that day. Should be fun!

Last edited:

SuperBuickGuy

what is it about Toyota dealerships getting Hummers in? I got mine from Toyota of Puyallup - and, from what I've seen here, got an amazing deal (18k).

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

what is it about Toyota dealerships getting Hummers in? I got mine from Toyota of Puyallup - and, from what I've seen here, got an amazing deal (18k).

Funny, right? She traded it in on a new Sequoia so I am guessing it was a luxury/occupant capacity issue and not MPGs :D

dude looks good!! glad your enjoying your rig!

Thanks Kyle! Many props again for finding this rig for me, this is my dream truck and I could not be happier!

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Installed the front Dynaudio MW162GTs yesterday and today along with Raamat inside and outside of the door frame itself. Sounds 100x better already, can't wait to get the amps, headunit, tweeters, rear mids and sub installed. The doors make a nice sound when they close now, like a Mercedes S-class.

d7br.jpg

3vde.jpg

bkdh.jpg

2010H3TAlpha

Thanks! It was funky because of the updated crossmember on the 2010's but I made it work. Might get to test it out on Stampede Pass this weekend here in the Cascades, definitely gives me more confidence though the lost ground clearance has me looking at lifts...

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Thanks! It was funky because of the updated crossmember on the 2010's but I made it work. Might get to test it out on Stampede Pass this weekend here in the Cascades, definitely gives me more confidence though the lost ground clearance has me looking at lifts...
Hey there, neighbor! I've been off H4O for a while so I actually missed out on welcoming you -- so a belated welcome to H4O! :cheers:

Very nice truck! You really should consider going with our PNW group to our Naches Pass run on Saturday 8/24 http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?5881-Naches-Washington-Aug-24th
Your truck is already set up for it. Moderate to difficult trails, awesome scenery, great friends and we always have a fun time. Full day of wheeling, and camping if you're a camper. BTW, I'm going to Bellevue tomorrow to get my A/C serviced at the dealership (I'm in Kent), so maybe I'll just run into you somewhere :shifty: ... Hope to meet and wheel with you soon! :horns:

2010H3TAlpha

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sadly my only free day this weekend is Sunday as I have pre-existing plans on Saturday (best friend's bday party) though it looks like it is going to be a blast. My weekends should be much more free after August so hopefully the PNW people will want to get together again before the snow. I'm also open to snow runs :)

2010H3TAlpha

Had a moment in traffic today where the fly-by-wire throttle lag almost got me into trouble...just ordered the Superchips Flashpaq to fix that :). Can't wait to get quick trottle response, thank goodness for $3.99 Amazon same-day local delivery!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
You will be happy with the Flashpaq. I loved mine, but I ended up 'trading up' into the Vivid Linq, which is just a Flashpaq with a fancier UI.

Your truck will go like a rocket if you run Performance 93.

Sent with Tapacrack

SuperBuickGuy

Uh oh, which one would you have chosen?

no no - I'm just curious what you like about it. I use HP Tuners, but that's mostly because it works for any OBDII vehicle and I do lots of 'other' cars so the flexibility is better. That said, it requires doing your own tune (or finding someone else's uploaded tune) - and so it's not for everyone

2010H3TAlpha

no no - I'm just curious what you like about it. I use HP Tuners, but that's mostly because it works for any OBDII vehicle and I do lots of 'other' cars so the flexibility is better. That said, it requires doing your own tune (or finding someone else's uploaded tune) - and so it's not for everyone

Simple, easy, was in stock for $3.99 same day delivery from Amazon. However, it is throwing an error due to my aftermarket stereo so looks like I will have to call Superchips tomorrow for support. Hopefully it isn't an error with thenewer flex fuel system but if so, PCM from HP Tuners will be my next option. I will probably eventually do that anyway since I'd eventually like to do a cam, headers, etc. It seems more flexible like the Predator I had for my old Mustang Cobra but not as crazy complicated as the AEM EMS on my old Eagle Talon

Got bored on eBay the other day (ignore my dead lawn and dirty window :) ):
sh7m.jpg

Last edited:

2010H3TAlpha

Been a while since my last update here but I finally flashed my PCM with the PCM of NC tune and the throttle response/acceleration especially from low speeds is well worth it. Drives very smooth and has an extra kick in the top end. The Flashpaq ended up not being compatible with my 2010 flexfuel motor.

New GM Performance exhaust arrives on Thursday, I'll post pics/video of how it sounds. Looking forward to it, I think Hummer should have made the exhaust tone more like the Escalade than how muffled it is stock.

I didn't like the Dynaudio mids I installed so new mids are on the way, Audible Physics Arian 6.5's. Not looking forward to performing any of this install work with how cold it has been but oh well, it is a labor of love.

Last edited:

SuperBuickGuy

I'm going to have to a family picture if the snow actually comes on Thursday (like they claim).

and you did drop off the map - figured you were out having too much fun to remember us