Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snorkel for H2

Street Tire
    Thanks

Snorkel for H2

So my truck is more of an adventure look and I like the looks of a snorkel but can not find one.

Can anyone fill me in with the availability of a H2 Snorkel or lack there of?

If they are available, are they even functional? Larry

Street Tire
    Thanks
    There isn't one. I thought about buying a kit for a jeep and seeing if I could make it work. Maybe fiberglass a solid cover over the air intake at the fender/hood then have that come up towards the windshield? Problem is there just isn't enough room. Then you also run into the issue of blocking the roof marker light, cowel light (I plan on buying), etc. So then I though one could run it through the engine compartment and that would be cake-that is another option if you're serious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoJac963 For This Useful Post:

MessiaH2 (06-27-2013)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    I was IN DEEP one time trying to recover my Son's F350 Diesel on 40's and when i was backing through about 4' of water i heard it TAKE in Water which cost me an expensive tune up to say the least. I typically do not WHEEL my truck to this extent but i was his only option. I just don't want that to happen again and think a snorkel on my truck would be bad ass.

I might consider building something and will keep you posted. i have read a hundred threads from all over and we all have the same issue. Only hear about custom but no one post build pics Thanks dude, I appreciate the input

Chapter President

Thanks
    I was looking at using the Rugged Ridge Snorkel as a starting point and then modifying things from there. Its low on my priority list right now, but one of these days I will add a snorkel to mine.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/engine-un...-wrangler.html
    B I G 2 D A B A N K

2005 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big2dabank For This Useful Post:

MessiaH2 (06-28-2013)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Not a problem. ^that is similar to the one I was looking at on ebay. There are tons of kits on ebay for various vehicles. Trick is finding the one that will fit an H2 as close as can be. It would most definitely be awesome that's for sure. Maybe one of us or all together can make something work!

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big2dabank View Post
    I was looking at using the Rugged Ridge Snorkel as a starting point and then modifying things from there. Its low on my priority list right now, but one of these days I will add a snorkel to mine.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/engine-un...-wrangler.html
    I might buy that and just mount it because it will look badass...LOL.... I know i can build nice mounts. HHHmmm this is food for thought.
    MessiaH2

- Adventure package, 6" lift on 38" x 15.50 x 18" Mud Grapplers on 18" x 10" Moto's with 4.5 Back Spacing, Amp Power Steps, GOBI Roof Rack w/tire mount, ladder, Grill Guard, Flow Master Exhaust, Integrated Radio with Bluetooth & Back up Camera. DVD player w/2 Tv's, Third row seating

ZAMU
    Thanks
    I followed a little further on your idea MessiaH2, I picked up the Rugged Ridge Snorkel unit, and paned out the future install of the internal connecting unit. It will required a relocation, maybe even a different windshield washer fluid container to be installed somewhere else, but it sure seems worth it!!! I already began with the install of the Snorkel outer unit first. Being that it's my first time here, I hope I don't have trouble loading pics of how fabulous it looks on the Hummer H2. A little detail on the Snorkel itself, I installed it on the top by the left side of the windshield, on the hood air vent, which is right above the windshield washer container. I drilled 4 holes to be able to install nut inserts ( nut inserts are pretreated cylinders, that when installed will allow you to just thread screws into them) I used nut inserts that match the width of the screws that came with the snorkel, so I wouldn't have to change the diameter of the hole on the snorkel screw install area. I also did this for another reason, nut inserts look very neat, so if it didn't work out or if I ever wanted to remove the snorkel from the truck, it would look clean, and could just be capped off. Of course you could just by a replacement vent cap and it would look like you never did anything to the truck, bringing it to stock look. Also the bracket that installs on the top of the snorkel by the window frame, will just have to be bent slightly to fit against the truck, mark the mounting holes, drill, and install using the screws that came with the snorkel. I went a step further and added blue lock tight on the screws before installing them, and then coated the exterior of the screw heads with clear silicone ( clear silicone not only keeps the head from rusting, it keeps the screw from vibrating off, and also allows you to add black plastic caps on the screw heads for a more finished look!
    Last edited by Renagade132; 12-27-2013 at 08:16 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Renagade132 For This Useful Post:

MessiaH2 (01-07-2014)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Post up some pics!!! And welcome!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

ZAMU
    Thanks
    I posted some of the pics on my profile album, as for some reason I wasn't able to post them directly into this thread. (it might be because I'm doing it all from my IPad)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    I just checked your profile and didn't see any pics. You'd have to upload the pics to Photobucket.com for example then use the [IMG] links to post the pics here. NEED PICS!!!!!

Baja
    Thanks
    I have a few pictures saved of various snorkel designs on the H2. Not sure if any of these work, but still it is a good chance to see different ones.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" Davy Crockett

Baja
    Thanks
    Found some more I've saved...

Under the cowl...

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" Davy Crockett

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    If you were to route the intact to that cowl then use the JK snorkel noted earlier I think you'd have a clean good looking install!!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Low Profile
    Thanks
    MessiaH2, if you type in "Sunny Sunday in South France" in the search box, Hummer05 has a video with a hummer H2 with a snorkel, which he just recently posted it 12-18-2013

Dan

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSteeleHorse07 For This Useful Post:

MessiaH2 (01-07-2014)

trail blazer
    Thanks
    http://www.riverraider.com/store/JK-Expedition-Snorkel
    I would try a river raider H1 style jk snorkel.
    2008 solar flare base H3 1" body lift with 1.25 shackle. BA bumper w/thor skid and BA roof rack, 50 series flowmaster, air doc w/k&n pcm tune, 10" solo baric, 35" KM2s with hoss wheels, hunner skids more to come..... waiting install Rancho lift and dual battery mount

2018 ram power wagon km3 35x12.50x17

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug For This Useful Post:

MessiaH2 (01-07-2014)