• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Vehicle Holster

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
The idea is not bad, but I have found that the best spot is on the side of the seat if you have the space. The flaw in that system is the soft holster. Once you grab it, if you need to put it back in a hurry it tends to be a problem. Better with a polymer/kydex holster.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

TAPDH3T

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371934671.611046.jpg
This is where I keep mine.. It's concealed from all angles.. Also it is in a great place for immediate action!!! It's a old Blackhawks holster attached with a tourniquet... If u get a left handed holster u can't bolt it to the plastic with the premade Blackhawk bolts.. I use this same set up in my patrol unit for a secondary immediate action weapon while in my unit...

SuperBuickGuy

Interesting idea... I've never had the need to have my gun that available - however, there's been enough times where I needed my gun that I do carry.... honestly, my issue with that location is it would really tempt thieves

TAPDH3T

I have tested people to see if they could see the firearm and its very difficult.. I guess it helpse that its in the holster when I'm in the vehicle but when out it is on my person

SolidusJ

I wasn't to worried about the holster just the vehicle:wink:. Looking for something better then just sticking my gun in between the sit and the center counsel, every time I slam on the brakes my gun goes flying. I really like TAPDH3T tourniquet because it's so stupid simple and I have like 10 of those running around my house and never but 2 and 2 together.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Talked to my friend and told him i was going to get it for idaho be he said its probably not legal

If you are not 21, it will be illegal, as it is in (I believe) all states; cannot think of any state where an under 21 can carry concealed in car without a concealed permit. If you are over 21, you can get a concealed weapons permit and be totally legal carrying a loaded handgun anywhere in the vehicle. If you are over 21 you can carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle outside of city limits. Idaho is pretty gun friendly; not as friendly as UT, but they also got an F from the VPC; which is good. (CA gets a A- from the VPC for comparison.)

JGBB04

As for legality wise that's going to depend on what state your in. I can only speak for Fla but both options as shown would be a no go here. You have to look at the key words in your state laws, in Fla it's "securely encased" there are several examples spelled out in the actual statute 1 of which is snapped in a holster, if you replaced the holster shown w/ one that had a thumb snap it would be perfectly legal but as shown it's not

SkinGripz

Ditto Tex !

In texas everyone has a gun (or two) in their vehicles, most of us have a third on our hips concealed.

Only law here that I know of is children under age 5 are limited to 10 round magazines..

"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SolidusJ

Ditto Tex !

In texas everyone has a gun (or two) in their vehicles, most of us have a third on our hips concealed.

Only law here that I know of is children under age 5 are limited to 10 round magazines..

"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkinGripz you have just made my day lmao!!!