• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 plastic window trim replacement?

spillKill

so as you can see in the pics my trim is cracked and doesnt fit right around the mirror. i have tried to search that part with no luck, can anyone point me in the right direction? or maybe have a set! :)

also what might have caused that to break (obviously some trying to take them off) but why would you need to?

Highatop

When I got my H3, it was from the dealer and I had them replace my broken one. The dealer ordered it and they had to buy the whole wrap to fix that same problem. If that helps?

chad

I'm not home right now but I think I have the part number there. If I recall though they are $90. There's 2 plastic clips inside and I bet they are broken off in the pillar causing it to not sit flush.

spillKill

yeah i just noticed they were broken and i dont think the dealer will do anything its been about 4 months lol ik right how could i have not noticed.....

poncho1965

I would guess go to hummer service they can run the vin and find out what recall items were performed already. Since its a recall I don't believe not being the original owner matters. Maybe Zach has some input....

Mike

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't believe it was a recall - I think the only recall was the hood louver. There may be a TSB on A pillars but that wouldn't guarantee a replacement piece for you.

It appears you likely have two issues: broken A pillar trim and broken pieces on the roof into which the A pillar trim interlocks.

The A pillar trim must come off with any windshield replacement. They are prone to breaking as well even without being pulled off for a windshield repair. There are male tabs on the underside which clip into female pieces set in the A pillar. You can always try to get some help from the dealer but if not, then you have to make a choice - replace these, which will probably break again, or do a workaround.

Either way, the roof trim probably won't be a big deal if you get the A pillar trim nicely secured. The different workarounds out there can really secure that trim down so that the interlocking piece into the roof trim isn't as much of a necessity. People have secured them with doublestick tape, silicone and screws.

SlcHummer

You ever get this fixed spillKill? I've got the same issue and will be trying a workaround with double sided tape first before I start screwing new holes but thought I would see what may have worked for you.

Mr_Rich

I'm not sure what if any of these plastic parts are available any more. One possible solution is plastic welding. I've been able to repair some parts like radiator shroud parts that are discontinued. IMG_20171026_162717.jpg