• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

RC Rock Crawlers

Jrkilburn

A great forum to check out is rccrawler.com if you want information this is probably the best place to go. Another is pirate4x4.com

I have to admit I am a 40 year old kid. I have had the RC bug since I was 12 and haven't stopped spending time and money on it yet (don't plan to stop either). There is no better way IMO to learn vehicle mechanics, dynamics, and maintenance as a kid. The things I learned over those impressionable years have guided me into the Army as a mechanic and I have been proudly been serving the past 20 plus years in that capacity. The cost may seem high at first but the skills are priceless in life.

As a father of three boys I highly recommend the hobby, my boys didnt stick with it much past age 15 but it taught them the principles of vehicles, driving, and judgement calls (high speed decision making). All helped them as they began their journey into auto ownership and the care required.

Enough of that.... To the pics of some of my fleet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367576775.434296.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367576802.472061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367576823.547810.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367576879.152042.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367577032.025733.jpg

Keep in mind the only limits in this hobby are your imagination and wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using misspellings due to fat fingers

Jrkilburn

Thanks guys. That last one is an RJ Speed Legends car. Cheap car for racing on the local carpet tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using misspellings due to fat fingers

Trevon

That was what I called the nerdy side of myself. I had (they're packed up at my parents at the moment) a Traxxas Slash for winter and me n my father both had SC10's. He gave me an original RC10 that he used to race, converted it to a road car for a little bit, then back to a buggy, and also got an SC-18 that has some wear...

The SC10's were my favorite being the most realistic (without goofy wheels like the stadium trucks).

And it definitely is a fun, cheap way to learn about everything. Like changing how much slip differentials have by how thick whatever you put in them is, or adjusting little spring clutches to better the traction or just do burnouts. I always enjoyed in a bit through high school just because it was something relatively cheap to occupy my time (after initial costs of course).

Since, electric has far surpassed nitro thanks to brushless motors and LiPo batteries.

backcountryislife

I really need to get a crawler so that my slash 4 & scte aren't so lonely around here... gotta do SOMETHING while I'm waiting to get to the chity to go get parts for those two!!