• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bumper mod

SkinGripz

Bumper mods. Reminds me of high school
Had a 1967 ford truck that hit a deer and killed the bumper. Dad made a bumper out of a 6x6 to keep it legal. Yep, grew up on a farm...

"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

I'm going to make one set....trial and error right now. Drawing it up in auto CAD as i type this. I have a whole sheet of 24 guage stainless steel in my steel yard, so i'm going with that. I took measurements on my bummper. It looks as if the piece should have a overall length of 15.5", i'm guessing...idk. I'll tinker with the design this week and hopefully dive into it fully this weekend. I might fancy up the piece and cut the H3 logo in the end caps or some design.

Burn

:horns:Ooh I'm getting excited now. Didn't want to keep bumped thread so I'm glad to see interest still.:horns:

spillKill

That design looks awesome with the h3 but I do have one critic if I may.... Wouldn't it look better if the h3 was rotated horizontally?
but looks awesome cant wait to get a set!

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Feel free to alter the design. Thats why i gave him the .dxf file auto CAD file, so that all forum members can alter/change/ hack away at the design as they please.:thumbs:

RamRod

This is where I am lost... I have never been in CAD and well have no cle what is happening right now lol

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

This is where I am lost... I have never been in CAD and well have no cle what is happening right now lol

cbetts is just hosting the files for me b/c the forum doesn't support the format of the files. On the new file i rotated the h3 logo horizontally. Just gotta wait for him to post the link.

JDstagg

Looks good!!! Think this is next months project (with the winch mount). Really like the way this looks. R-code can you send me the specs for you winch plate? I need to start looking into getting everything together to start this.

R

R-code17815

Here's my measurements, before anyone starts cutting

Attachments

• end cap.jpg
    end cap.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 219

arkalpha

The H3 would look good lit up as a running light also. I'd like to get a cost on this. I'd probably be in on em.

TAPADROID

Burn

When this hits production I'm in no doubt. I didn't remove as much material as r-code but I can cut more no problem.
you guys are Awsome