• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

RC cars

Kyle

Any one into rc cars? i have a traxxas e-max and a traxxas slash. both really fun to play with on a borring day! ill post up some pics from my phone!

Scarsman

Sponsor
My boys are. One has an Axial AX10 Scorpion. It has all aluminum links, beadlocks, and hi-torque metal gear steering servo.

The other has an Axial SCX10 Rubicon. His is all stock still.

My youngest boy just bought an SCX10 Honcho, but its not here yet.
They are 13, 12, and 8, and they bought their trucks with their own money saved up from doing yard work for neighbors.

I'm going to have to get my own soon to keep up. I'm thinking of building one.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

LoJac963

I had a small Traxxis dune buggy once, don't even remember the size of the engine though. Then I got into Nitro choppers. I've actually been looking around this week for my next one. I do miss the awesome sound of a nitro motor screaming away!

08H3

When I was growing up, RC Cars were my life. Still have my first gold tub RC-10 as well as a couple of RC-10 Graphites and an MRP 410. Fun times. The hobby has come a long way since then,

Kyle

Sweet! its really cool to see that other people are into rc cars a little bit. Today i found my brushless motor system that i got for my rc car. Specs say that it can reach 65+mph!!! cant wait to install it!

Fish

I have a traxxas, I think its a slash..I dont use it too much but it is fun. I did add a custom led light bar

pic.jpg

skeptic

My boys, 13 and 9, each have a Traxxas Stampede. I'll be going to the local RC store tomorrow - oldest boy's is newer (Xmas gift but hasn't been used hardly at all until now - weather and all). The battery will not completely charge, charger never goes green and battery dies quickly. It is also much slower, only about half as fast as his brothers. Swapping batteries doesn't help, and yes it's in sport mode not training mode. The other one has a broken part (I think they might call it a camber link). I can see how this could be an expensive hobby for someone REALLY into it.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Always been a hobby that's had my curiosity but never got into it. Figured I'd go broke with the approach I often take: all or nothing :)

jakesz28

I used to race the team losi buggies and trucks. Got a few trophies here somewhere. I wish I would have never sold them.

Kyle

Always been a hobby that's had my curiosity but never got into it. Figured I'd go broke with the approach I often take: all or nothing :)

oh this is a go broke fast hobby, if i go out and drive my rc car, i will bet something breaks, its just going to happen. i can honestly say ive spent more than 2k in parts,cars,mods etc. lol

skeptic

oh this is a go broke fast hobby, if i go out and drive my rc car, i will bet something breaks, its just going to happen. i can honestly say ive spent more than 2k in parts,cars,mods etc. lol

Got the issues worked out for my boys two cars and everything was great. After the boys were racing each other for a while, one of the cars "died" - motor runs but car doesn't move. Appears to have broke whatever the RC car version of the diff is. Couple hours later my other boy wanted to show us how fast and great his car is now that we got it working right - and it was for about 30 seconds then his car broke the same way as his brothers. Back to the RC store to hopefully replace whatever is broken with stronger parts. Starting to look like these $200 cars are going to cost me far more than that in the long run.

Kyle

Got the issues worked out for my boys two cars and everything was great. After the boys were racing each other for a while, one of the cars "died" - motor runs but car doesn't move. Appears to have broke whatever the RC car version of the diff is. Couple hours later my other boy wanted to show us how fast and great his car is now that we got it working right - and it was for about 30 seconds then his car broke the same way as his brothers. Back to the RC store to hopefully replace whatever is broken with stronger parts. Starting to look like these $200 cars are going to cost me far more than that in the long run.

Oh they will cost you more i can safely say that!

Sent from the top of a mountain in my h3

skeptic

Oh they will cost you more i can safely say that!

Ya.. My first real indication of this is when I was in this weekend to fix the first round of issues. Better battery charger, front end camber rod (I think that's what it was called - upgraded to metal from the plastic), and another bag of body clips. I asked the guy if there is anything else should I be looking to upgrade and he told me to just wait and upgrade parts as they break. :whaa:

Kyle

Ya.. My first real indication of this is when I was in this weekend to fix the first round of issues. Better battery charger, front end camber rod (I think that's what it was called - upgraded to metal from the plastic), and another bag of body clips. I asked the guy if there is anything else should I be looking to upgrade and he told me to just wait and upgrade parts as they break. :whaa:

Yea thats what you should do, or buy a crap load of spare parts and keep them around when stuff breaks!

backcountryislife

My back yard:

543326_3313012146201_299834261_n.jpg

579609_3329352634703_1033920390_n.jpg

Got a buddy who's really into Short course trucks, and the two of us built a track on my property... worked out pretty well, still a work in progress.

My toy:

557135_3468017661242_696817574_n.jpg

Pretty fun hobby, I think I need to get a crawler next!!!

backcountryislife

When we were building it my wife would come out & harass me about getting in & making dinner (I'm the cook around here)... I felt like a kid with mom saying I couldn't play anymore!

We've actually got a mine that is behind the trees in the second picture, and a downhill mtn bike course that starts about 940' above the house, and ends in a few jumps right by the mine,
38981_1339713054957_1407925_n.jpg

The trucks do AWESOME on the bike jumps, so we've been trying to figure out how to tie in this side, with a wall ride above the mine, into the track on the other side so that we can use the toys on it as one big course.

Don't have any pics of the hole from further back, but we've got a wall ride for the bikes right over the mine.
419028_2835326924369_1479707109_n.jpg

My place is pretty much just one big toy compound... you don't stop playing cause you get old... you get old cause you stopped playing ;)

Last edited:

mudbug

trail blazer
I have a 1/10 scale slash 4x4 with a brushless motor and a lipo battery. I installed a billet motor plate and a billet carrier bearing assembly.Also have 1/16 scale losi crawler. I built my own links to extend it out a little longer and added 1/10scale tires with something like bfg Krawler.It is a fun hobby. I did see that traxxes is teaming up with rod hall and developed a replica of his DAKAR hummer which it dosen't really look like a hummer from the front.

Savethereef

I have a HPI 5b Baja which I have now converted into a short track truck. It's a 1/5 scale around 3 feet long. It put so many hop ups on it.it weights around 37 pounds from all the hop ups.

skippy

i have a 5sc HPI 1/5 scale.
as usual i have hopped it up.
sports tuned exhaust
32cc (8.5hp) engine
upgraded the carby
carbon fibre disc brakes
according to the speed gun it was clocked at 108km/hr (about 67miles/hr)
weights in at 13kg (28 pounds)
length 110cm (43 inches)
great fun