• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wheelers for the Wounded

Stouttrout

The website is up. www.wftwtx.org

You can also sign up at: http://wftwtx.org/signup-page/

You will notice the safety requirements n that page lists you must have a Rollcage. This was written for open vehicles like Jeeps and buggies. If you have Factory top that is not removed, you are good to go. We are working on getting the lingo changed on this section.

So, who is up for it? Time to show some support. Also, bluesteel, if you want to come out, we will not make you do anything you do not feel right doing. We can pair with some other stock vehicles or we could use you as a runner on the roads. We need all kinds of help. We have medic stations and water stations situated throughout the ranch. We always like having one vehicle there to shuttle soldiers who may get fatigued. So, you see if you would like to help, PLEASE COME OUT. We will find a place for you.

Taken from the Facebook website https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wheelers-for-the-Wounded-San-Antonio-Chapter/304522866205?fref=ts

The Website is ready. Get registered.

WFTWTX.com

The direct link to the sing up page is:

http://wftwtx.org/signup-page/

Do you like Offroading? Do you want to give back to the men and women fighting for freedom? This is the event for you. Bring you 4x4 out and take a soldier riding in some of the most beautiful country God gave us. Centered in Texas Hill Country, Hidden Falls Adventure Park offers offroading of all kinds. Even if you have stock a vehicle, with stock tires, this park will have plenty for you to do. We need your help. Let's take these soldiers out and show them the best time we can.

Here is your chance to give back to the service men and women who deserve it most. Spend a day driving a Wounded Veteran and his family around the trails of the Central Texas HillCountry. Give your time and your Passenger seats to them and their family and plan a day of excite full of thrills. This is a great way to give back and show them the offroad community is with them. The day starts with lunch for all. Then it is load up and head out. Hidden falls offers some of the most beautiful scenery just a few miles from Marble Falls, Texas. Help these families get out of their rooms and move spend good quality time together. Spend the day on the trails and head back for dinner. Dinner and entertainment is provided for all.

The website is almost ready to go live. When it is, GET REGISTERED. We were able to lower the cost of the event this year I am proud to say, and we are working on some new things this year. One, look for a change in the trails. We are going back to our wheeling roots. You will get more wheel time and more time with the wounded.

A few Safety Requirement are need for each vehicle: Factory, Aftermarket Roll Cage or Factory unremoved top, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit, Working CB or Cell Phone

If you have question as to whether you vehicle will pass, PLEASE MESSAGE ME.

Rate includes vehicle, driver, up to three passengers, 2 nights primitive camping, lunch & dinner Saturday, and a T-Shirt.

The early Registration rate will be:

$65 pre registered rate (ends April 26th)
$55 pre registered Active Military rate
$0 Wounded Warrior

If you are a Wounded Warrior and plan to drive, WE WILL NEED YOU ON THE LIST.

After April 26th the fee will go up to the usual $85. This is the Park Fee for an event. We have little control over it and it goes tot he park for the use of the facilities.

bendyprissy

I'm an RN. Is there a need for that in volunteering? That would afford my husband the opportunity to use my Hummer to wheel with the soldiers.

bendyprissy

Julie, Thank you for volunteering. John just called and said you will be one of our medics out there. WAY TO GO!!! Thank You!!!

Thanks for giving John my info so fast. I am so happy I can help in any way as it will be a nice change from the hospital!

Hopefully more of our Texas members sign up so my hubby can see some familiar faces. Cough, cough...GREEN1, CalamityGirl, Frumaker, etc.:wink:

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
I have some personal stuff going on but if it looks like it is ok I will be in. Thanks for the gentle nudge Julie. :wink:

AFMike

Dan - You are killing me:gaah:. Challenging my Zoomie pride like that! I know I can't stay the weekend but I'm moving some stuff around to make the day run. Hopefully we can have a good Hummer contingent.

BlueSteeleHorse07

Dan - You are killing me:gaah:. Challenging my Zoomie pride like that! I know I can't stay the weekend but I'm moving some stuff around to make the day run. Hopefully we can have a good Hummer contingent.

I knew if I appeal to your sense of camaradarie, I can get you to come out. :cheers:

Hoo-rah!!! "referring to or meaning anything and everything except no"
Dan

rsc

I'm looking at it, not sure if I can swing that many trips back to Texas so close together. I have long weekends off work bracketing either side of that weekend. :(

ROM4D

"Frumaker, Sickstringc, ROM4D, and RSC, you guys coming?

Dan"

I'll try but I don't think I will be able to. It's the weekend before finals and I'm supposed to graduate (FINALLY after 10 years) the following Saturday so I my have to miss this one.

BlueSteeleHorse07

"Frumaker, Sickstringc, ROM4D, and RSC, you guys coming?

Dan"

I'll try but I don't think I will be able to. It's the weekend before finals and I'm supposed to graduate (FINALLY after 10 years) the following Saturday so I my have to miss this one.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS is in place, don't feel to bad, it took me 12 years to finally got my Bachelor Degree, while I was in the Army, had to make a choice, either quit volunteering to be deployed or finish my education, well, that was an easy choice to make, I kept volunteering, I spent 22 years in the military, when my Colonel put me in for my final award, Legion of Merit, while he was writing my award synopsis, come to figured out, I volunteered too dang much, spent almost a total of 16 years deployed. So after I retired, joined the civilian workforce, went to school at night and finally graduated.

Dan

Last edited: