• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Canadian h3t Alpha build

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Currently in the process of getting my CBI dual jerry can holder installed that I picked up this Sunday, here is a teaser pic
60866d4188d74d15d513f44804b50bf9.jpg

Sent from handheld smoke signal device
I can't wait to see that in person! :thumbs:

RamRod

Just made a deal with a guy from a local 4x4 club for a set of hardly used MTR's. Couldn't pass up the deal! $400 for all 4! And they have 85-90% tread left!

So I will be picking them up in one week and then installing them on the Hutchinson's (finally) and should have them installed by the next weekend!!!!

RamRod

what size MTRs?

315/75r16 which are 34.5" tall in reality... however I have justified it for the following reasons:

• The 37/12.5r20 BFG A/T's currently measure out at 35.5" because they are worn right down and are on a wide rim
  • I now live in the mountains and could use the extra gearing until I switch it up to 4.56's
  • Saves me $1,100 to spend on other truck parts :wink:
  • Since I am going from 16" to 20" rims I am still gaining 2" of side wall
  • Will help extend the life of my Trans, front diff and CV's (Broke 3 in 3 months)
  • Might get slightly better MPG's
  • Save some time airing back up (really drawing at strings here trying to justify it)

RamRod

Started to get the Hutchinsons ready for tires early next week....
Only got two dine before my fingers went raw, but as you can see in the pic there is a lot of work to be done on each
853ff09df200863b9310cd0c5e831f93.jpg

Now I am heading out to pick up some material to build two more TPMS sensor brackets... shouldnt be hard to do as they are quite simple
77095ecdef0e0f09c0befd565c294883.jpg

RamRod

After a 7 month delay I finally will be running the Hutchinson's next week!! :horns:

The beadlocks I bought used off of Ebay needed alot of love! I don't fully understand how each wheel front and back was so full of oil, but they were and needed a good scrubbing to get clean.

Next after that was to clean all of the mounting surfaces(see picture from previous post). I guess this was more of a step for my own confidence, but I would hate to go through all the work of mounting the tires only to have a small leak some where!

I also ordered a brand new insert to replace one that had a gash in it & 4 of the lock ring nuts as I had one nut missing per rim (?)

Lastly I had to build two more TPMS brackets as they were missing on two of the inserts

An apointment has been booked for the 24th to balance and mount them!!!

I can't wait, and am so pumped that they will be ready for the Walker Valley OHV Trip!!!

Since I am now at 67,000 Miles I figured now would be a good time to get new spark installed as well, normally this is something that I would do myself, but I am going to be pressed for time next week getting everything ready for the Walker Valley H4O wheelin' trip so I am going to pay the shop to do that while they are doing the tires. This will free time up to make the changes that I want to the bedcage, mount the cage and RTT to the T and plumb in an air tank for my OBA setup.

Lots of text, I know, next week will be Pic heavy I promise!

RamRod

Mounted my Hutchinson's on some MTR's finally!!
It took me about 35 min to mount the first tire, but by the 4th one I got it dialed in after about 19 min

attachment.php
attachment.php

Couch and Dog for scale
attachment.php

They will be going to the tire shop tomrrow for a balance job then tested out on the weekend @ Walker Valley OHV!

RamRod

Doesn't seem like there is much interest, but I'll update anyway.

I filled all the tires to 40psi and let them sit for a 24 hours to see if there were any air leaks, zip, zero, nadda! So happy that I managed to get them all to seal on the first try!

I then moved on to mounting the Hutchinsons on the T lastnight with 1.5" wheel spacers, and checked for clearance.... at full droop I make just enough contact with the side wall of the tire and the outter most point on the upper control arm that I am going to bump the spacing up to 1.75" for peace of mind.

If someone was to run these rims on a Rancho lifted rig they would likely be okay to run only 1.5" spacers if they are running smaller tires then I am (315/75r16's).

A local shop says they have the right sapcers for me, so I'll be heading to pick them up tonight after work, then will re mount the tires and take them in to get balanced.

RamRod

Here she is, defiantly a aggressive stance, but it's quickly growing on me!
0b28481ccfde96a55772d5b92fe11c03.jpg

9adb952eb48f4c6956c50a3d7700ee89.jpg

This is as close as the tire gets to the upper control arm, when cycling the front suspension.
f0234d9e55a89190ea5b969cc4c60ba8.jpg

So far I have only driven it around the block to see how it felt and to listen for any rubbing, heard none and done see any signs of anymore rubbing either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamRod

Had a great convo with the guys over at Factor 55 today.

I have a package heading this way with a few bits from their line of recovery equipment!

Love their stuff and its really going to clean up the look of the front end!

More on that later....

RamRod

Looks like I will be getting a new Winch from Superwinch, one with a synthedic line to use with the Factor 55 hawse fairlead, which I have been planning to do all along to help lighten the load up front (and for the safety benifits)

The T is back to summer mode:
attachment.php

Some pic's from last months Walker Valley ORV trip
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• RTT & Cage.jpg
    RTT & Cage.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 372
  • WP_002367%20copy_zpshsdvgacd.jpg
    WP_002367%20copy_zpshsdvgacd.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 378
  • WP_002368%20copy_zpshpxwml5b.jpg
    WP_002368%20copy_zpshpxwml5b.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 381

RamRod

Few questions
What kind of winch do you have now?
What kinda condition is it in?
Will it be for sale?
Why the switch? Weight?

-TEXAS FOREVER-

What kind of winch do you have now?
It's the Superwinch LP10,000
What kinda condition is it in?
I used it only three times:
  1. To set the cable on the drum when it was brand newa
  2. As a clothes line
  3. To raise a gable end onto the roof of a house (350lb max lol) we were building.

It will come with all the spares that I have for it:

• brand new solenoid ($125 on summit racing's website)a
  • brand new controler
  • Used controler
  • 2 hooks
  • 2 tag lines

Will it be for sale?
I will know for sure sometime very soon, but most likely it will be forsale in the next month or so (I will be driving near your neck of the woods in about a month, I could meet you along Interstate 5 if you are interested)

Why the switch? Weight?
I am switching because this winch isn't designed to run a synthetic winch line, and I want to switch to a setup with synthetic to use all of my new Factor 55 gear (their hawse fairleads dont work with wire cable, their thimbles do however).

RamRod

Got some work done on the front end today.... By the look of the old bushings I should have done this a while ago!
9ea317313292538e3899e53806affddd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk