• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

KOH trails

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Wow...all I can say is wow. My buddy just did chocolate thunder in his open open ZJ on 35s and my buddy did it in his xj on 33s also open open. They did winch in one spot and at before they started buggy guys were giving them **** saying it isn't doable.

Took out his driver side doors and his back driver side window. Will get pics soon. In the mean time here's a video of the obstacle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_JaDXdHXA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZWLFaiW5g

So, I guess that is a good definition of doing more with less. Seeing they wanna plan a trip out there with me in the future I doubt ill be doing much.

Bebe, you have probably seen these trails more then anyone else. Is it SAS time or doable with my setup?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
1788A21D-7759-4FAD-A842-FDDBBD41E0B6-2267-000002691F2CE0D3_zps4d9ef6fe.jpg

Damage so far...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
You used to have one?

I like em. My good friend with the ZJ has one hell of a rig. I think of em as the older solid axle version H3. Luxurious comfortable and available in the v6 or v8. Only downside IMO is small wheel wells and unibody. It's at 7 in of lift which sounds crazy but it doesn't seem to bad on the COG. With 7in of lift and massive amounts of trimming he has 35s. Either way I love this rig. He has no fear of body damage and I do. I wanna start hammer trails like he is but I think ill need front end upgrades and tube doors.

Just thinking of my options so I can keep up with my buddies.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Very interesting specs on the comparison. I always wondered why the H3 has low hanging crossmembers though, I see that was a difference in ground clearance. I notice that the JKs have a flat belly and they did that by having the body above the frame a tad more then usual allowing everything to mount higher. Same may go for the ZJ. Height is 5in lower then the H3 stock which probably plays a role in COG but we are also wider. I want a flatter belly on the H3 but I feel 4in of lift is more then a enough I just need to go with bigger tires now.