• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Waterproof Ammo Containers for your Bug-Out Bag

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Who uses what when it comes to small waterproof ammo containers for your bug-out bag? I use the Otter box 1000.

Ck0RfxUB-_RsXR1pC3kxozaYfjao8-dxV15AJdTEsiNiuQhgXJiviqBDhmbWz3yvKkyTAUfwsDrImAZ-BAv3n3zujEqxNFmxOYnlBErpnLOybeEj3V2WVzJc0DL0E9zLYtJ8ahS-8UswV8WEHQT62ctl4IUx0sWpBGCX-EL9TaRRb_I8eCkFKOcokrvmB9E0iSa0lPg=s220-c

It's waterproof, crushproof AND watertight (it floats!). These cases are perfect for keeping your ammo and many other things dry & they are really small and don't take up much room in your bag.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have some similar but probably cheaper boxes for my buyout bag. I keep all my ammo in waterproof/watertight sealed containers. That is not an inexpensive proposition but well worth it. I keep a couple of these larger containers with my bugout bag to throw in the vehicle. If I had to leave the vehicle they would get left behind and the smaller sealed boxes in my bag would go with me.

MuDnYrI

Who uses what when it comes to small waterproof ammo containers for your bug-out bag? I use the Otter box 1000.

Ck0RfxUB-_RsXR1pC3kxozaYfjao8-dxV15AJdTEsiNiuQhgXJiviqBDhmbWz3yvKkyTAUfwsDrImAZ-BAv3n3zujEqxNFmxOYnlBErpnLOybeEj3V2WVzJc0DL0E9zLYtJ8ahS-8UswV8WEHQT62ctl4IUx0sWpBGCX-EL9TaRRb_I8eCkFKOcokrvmB9E0iSa0lPg=s220-c

It's waterproof, crushproof AND watertight (it floats!). These cases are perfect for keeping your ammo and many other things dry & they are really small and don't take up much room in your bag.

I like that!!!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
If packed to capacity, you could fit about 175-180 rounds of .22lr in the 1000 sized box. For comparison purposes, you can fit 33 rounds of .223 (3 rows across, 11 per row). The specs on the 1000 are: dimensions - 1.6 x 4.8 x 3.7 inches, weight - 6.4 ounces. I bought mine at Amazon - got free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Drybox-1000-Waterproof-Case/dp/B004HZ9JME/ref=pd_sbs_cps_6

FYI, for whatever reason, the blue cases are the cheapest on Amazon.

2013-02-05_06-20-55_844_zps9ddb5ed4.jpg

James, pm me your address (I don't think I have it anymore) and I will send you a "sample" for testing/confirmation purposes. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
No worries, bro. I ordered one of the 1000-20 and one of the 2000-20. I figured that I could use them for something regardless and together they were only about $25 on Amazon. Thanks for the offer.

joe315

Saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of the 333 value pack of .22 LR in my bugout bag, stored in the cheap cardboard box it came in. Then I noticed a Poland Spring water bottle sitting next to me. Gonna dump the ammo into the bottle until I can get a better case.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Your local Walmart has inexpensive waterproof containers you can fit in a go bag.

You're right Dave. The ones at Walmart are made by Plano. They are in the fishing/tackle box aisle and they also good, inexpensie, light and waterprrof ammo containers.