• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Next project

algin5109

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgStarted on the roof rack today. Framework all cut except crossmembers. Gonna get it all tack welded today(hopefully) square it up and go to town. More pics to follow.

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Very cool. Can't wait to see pics of your project as you work on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

Scarsman

Sponsor
I knew I should have patented/copyrighted/trademarked my design! :wink: Lol, just kidding! Looks good. How tall are your sides?

algin5109

Thanks guys. Sides are 7" total. 6" after decking goes on. Sry scarsman It's such a good look. I did email you bout making me mounting brackets though.

algin5109

Just finally got it mounted. Couldn't find a powdercoater that was reasonably priced so I used my new favorite bedliner spray. Repurposed a jeep hilift mount up top.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

JDstagg

Looks awesome. Hopefully on this next house I can get the wife to let me put a shop out back...
I got some ideas for stuff to build. Algin, do you think this could be done with round tubing and a pipe bender for the framework?
Scarsman, can a hidden winch like that on your H2 be done on an H3?

Expendable

I was gonna go with round tube but the amount of notching involved turned me off. Could've bought a notcher I suppose.

I forgot where I found it, but with round tubing if you use a drop saw, angle grinder with cutoff wheel and or something to that effect you can cut at certain angles which create notches that fit great for welding corners, etc. similar to how you cut crown moulding at certain angles to be able to fit corners, etc.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Looks awesome. Hopefully on this next house I can get the wife to let me put a shop out back...
I got some ideas for stuff to build. Algin, do you think this could be done with round tubing and a pipe bender for the framework?
Scarsman, can a hidden winch like that on your H2 be done on an H3?

You could do it with round tube and a bender, but you would not be able to do the angled corners, so to the radius of the bend. You would end up with the corners being very "rounded off" and lose a lot of usable space inside the rack.

My winch mount is not really hidden, but it is set back in from the front of the bumper. I think it could be done with the H3. I think it might not be quite as tucked in as I got it on my H2, but there certainly is room to set it back in some. H3slate and I have plans to do a bumper/winch mount for his truck eventually, so we'll see how tight I can make it.