• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Keyless entry pricing

07Custom

Hey guys, so I did my laundry and washed my power lock/keyless entry remote...dammit.

Anyways, was wondering how much it costs to get another one and have it programmed from the dealer? I've read that's the only way to get one programmed if you dont have the right equipment.

Thanks!

Jwy1966

Ear Candy in Burlington have been doing security on vehicles for a long time. I'd call them first they may save you some $$
Ear Candy
3321 S. Church st
Burlington, NC
336-524-9393

4speedfunk

Hey 07! How's the steering holding up?

I Googled your issue...seems you're not alone. Several people (including a GM tech) say the truck must be accessed via the scan port, and put into "program mode". They say that reprogramming a remote can only be done this way. However, several other people say that's BS and you can do it yourself. One guy recommended this proceedure:

Instructions: 1 Climb into the vehicle and close the door. Insert the key into the ignition but do not turn on the vehicle. 2 Hold down the "Unlock" button on the driver's door while turning the key to the right to the "Accessories" position. Continue holding down the "Unlock" button. 3 Turn the ignition key back to the "Off" position while continuing to hold the "Unlock" button then return the key to the "On" position again. Then return the ignition key to the "Off" position. As you complete this sequence, the doors will lock, and the horn will sound, indicating that you've entered the programming mode. At this point, release the "Unlock" button on the driver's door. Remove key. 4 Push both the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons on the key-less remote and hold them for roughly 15 seconds. Release the buttons when the locks click again. 5 Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. The horn will honk once more. This indicates the programming has been successful. 6 Remove the key from the ignition. Climb out of the vehicle and try locking and unlocking the doors with your remote key. I hope this helps

Let us know if this works. Love putting GM-techs on the spot!

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
When in GM engineering, I never tried the pairing of the remote without a tech 2. But the procedures posted appears to come from the remotes that are controlled via a RCDLA module vs. the BCM on the H3. I will be curious if it works. It is sure worth the try and doesn't cost anything (for the programming anyway).

07Custom

Hey 07! How's the steering holding up?

I Googled your issue...seems you're not alone. Several people (including a GM tech) say the truck must be accessed via the scan port, and put into "program mode". They say that reprogramming a remote can only be done this way. However, several other people say that's BS and you can do it yourself. One guy recommended this proceedure:

Let us know if this works. Love putting GM-techs on the spot!

4speed! long time no talk man.It's doing okay. A little sloppy as always, but the more I read the more I find out that this is to be expected with my set up. I'm always a little nervous when I hit the road because my truck is still a mystery. I'm hoping you somehow relocate to New Mexico so I can pick your brain in person and utilize your automotive expertise! I'll definitely try your method because I'm sure they will ask for a ton of money as dealers always do.

How is your truck? Any new findings with the SOA that have given you trouble? How's the nissan box holding up? The solid axle? and more importantly how's life?!

4speedfunk

Its all good over here in SolidAxleVille. I've got some weird braking issue...not sure what's causing it. Doesn't seem to be a big deal...I'll post it up in another thread.

New Mexico sounds warm compared to Indy! Glad you're still rolling. Now if you could just keep from washing your keyfob!

H32NV

take it apart and replace the battery. try it again. that circuit shouldnt get too affected by water if its dried. ill bet more than anything the water damaged the battery.