Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Hey Chris! Is this still your daily?

What is the biggest difference you feel when comparing the Rancho to SAS when driving on the street?

I have been contemplating a SAS but it has to remain street able for my wife to drive, I am not convinced that she'd like driving it after the swap... Any in put would help, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4Ē Rancho Lift, 37Ēx12.5Ēx17Ē BFG A/Tís, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 40" LED light bar, 9'' round LED spot lights, SnugTop, Thor Parts bumper w/ swing out for full sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, UCP w/ Thor Parts skids, Custom bed cage

www.ministryofadventure.ca

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Hey RamRod,

This isnít my daily anymore. The only reason it isnít is because I have a company car for work with a gas card.

With that said it was my daily for years after the SAS and I have about 30k on the SAS now so I have plenty of seat time. I drove 750 miles in a day in my h3 with the SAS and 40s so itís still very streetable.

The one thing thatís probably most different is the steering, the turning radius isnít as great as stock. Iím not sure if you can find a box that is...but itís still light years ahead of the JK turning radius which is horrendous.

From a ride quality standpoint it rides great. I think the tunability is infinite. You want a stiff ride? Throw F250 coils on it, you want a super soft ride? Throw TJ coils on it...you can really dial in the ride quality you want.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

H3slate (05-12-2018)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Bump. Any chance you could post some pics of your half doors? Thinking about doing it soon if I can find a good deal on doors. Also what year are your half doors? Early 06 or updated 2007 model? I think the 07+ model doors would look alot better since you woun't have to cut the into the inner door grab handle like you would with the 06 model.
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha Adventure + Luxury

Rancho 4in, 35in Nitto Terra Grapplers, Road Armor Bumper, Smittybilt 10k, Gobi Stealth, RRO Sliders, ARB snorkel, Runcool hood louvers, JKS front disconnects, Coverking seat covers, Schwarttzy Skid Plates, Outfitter Design Tire Rods, Optima D34, Smittybilt Storage Drawer, Cobra 29 ltd, Uniden 520XL, Dual 102" Antenna Whips

Follow The Build: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...3-Build-Thread

Wheeling and General Pictures: https://www.instagram.com/acer4lo/

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,048 Posts
    I ditched the inner door panels. They have a factory cable that you pull the open the doors. The pockets and holes in the door are so useful for storage. I want to do rear doors soon. Iíll find some pics.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous