• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Passlock security light flashing will not start.

rascole

Mike, I'm sure you have heard this question before but I have only seen it here in this forum once and several times elsewhere with several answers. I have recently installed a remote starter to bypass the Passlock but a recent email from Xpresskit.com says.
" There is no bypass module that will fix your problem, you need to have the system serviced "
Freddy I Soutien technique I Technical support
t:
514.633.0338 I 1.800.361.7271 I f: 514.780.4356
2750 alphonse gariépy, lachine, qc, canada, h8t 3m2
alfred.kaiser@directed.com

Is this correct? Although I have not had the issue since I installed the remote starter 4 days ago. I am worried it will happen again.
Thanks for any help.

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
I had PCMforless.com program the engine PCM to ignore the Passlock signal from the BCM module. So, even if the key cylinder faults out and the BCM tries to tell the engine PCM "Do not turn on fuel injection", the engine will start and you drive away. The security light will blink for ten minutes, then go off while you are driving.

rascole

I had PCMforless.com program the engine PCM to ignore the Passlock signal from the BCM module. So, even if the key cylinder faults out and the BCM tries to tell the engine PCM "Do not turn on fuel injection", the engine will start and you drive away. The security light will blink for ten minutes, then go off while you are driving.
So that will be plan B. I have yet to have the Passlock failure since the remote starter was installed, BUT, it has only been a short time. Keeping the fingers crossed. In regards to the PCM, what is involved with the process? Removing, shipping, etc??? I am not sure where it is located. As you can see I am located in sunny So Cal. Although it is raining today.

Last edited:

rascole

Reviewing my old post and forgot about this one. Sent my PCM to PCM of NC and the problem has been fixed. I will be sending it back after the new bigger shoes are on for a re-flash. Kudos to PCM of NC.