• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Heavy Duty Skid Plate

Vdawg1115

I am surprised you never posted a comparison pic IMG_1323.jpgIMG_1324.jpghere ya go

Last edited:

rascole

I am looking for only the back part of the skid. I have a Rancho lift and it already has a good front skid and I made one for the center section that covers the Rancho support arms. So how much for just the rear shipped to 90706? Can pay you as soon as you need. By the way, like the new logo, should somehow engrave it into the plates.

RamRod

I am looking for only the back part of the skid. I have a Rancho lift and it already has a good front skid and I made one for the center section that covers the Rancho support arms. So how much for just the rear shipped to 90706? Can pay you as soon as you need. By the way, like the new logo, should somehow engrave it into the plates.

I could also be potentially interested in just the Tcase skid only for the same reasons as Rascole

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I could also be potentially interested in just the Tcase skid only for the same reasons as Rascole

\

Getting prices on that now.

rascole

Rear UCP is the last "have to" before Moab next year. You had mentioned having to drill a couple of holes, where might they be?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Rear UCP is the last "have to" before Moab next year. You had mentioned having to drill a couple of holes, where might they be?

Just two holes for that skid plate, the two other bolts are factory/oem that I recommend soaking with PB Blaster if you get chance.

The two holes are in the frame rail, not a big deal, just have to fish one in there with a small piece of wire.

Enter Hummer

I literally just unboxed my new Schwarttzy skids and man those suckers are heavy :giggle: :thumbs:. Super impressed and you can’t beat the price. Its too late tonight to install and test but I promise tomorrow I’ll get some pics up. And I hate to mention this but around the edges the paint is flaking off. No big deal seeing as how they are gonna get scraped and repainted in the future but I had to mention that.

I can’t wait to beat the c*** out of these! My journey to a Moab worthy vehicle has begun!

Acer4LO

I literally just unboxed my new Schwarttzy skids and man those suckers are heavy :giggle: :thumbs:. Super impressed and you can’t beat the price. Its too late tonight to install and test but I promise tomorrow I’ll get some pics up. And I hate to mention this but around the edges the paint is flaking off. No big deal seeing as how they are gonna get scraped and repainted in the future but I had to mention that.

I can’t wait to beat the c*** out of these! My journey to a Moab worthy vehicle has begun!

You will love them! My old H3 was a 2006 stock, non-leveled, with 285s and boy did I use these things! I would have destroyed my cross-members if I didn't have these on. (I like making questionable choices I make when wheeling). Here is a pic of my truck high centered. It doesn't look like it in this picture, but the skids definitely hit the ground. When I was given a tug I saw the transfer of paint from the my plates to the dirt! :giggle:

i-B9zC723-L.jpg

i-NNkQMV2.jpg

i-3nxtM2q.jpg

i-WqnrB2z.jpg

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
You will love them! My old H3 was a 2006 stock, non-leveled, with 285s and boy did I use these things! I would have destroyed my cross-members if I didn't have these on. (I like making questionable choices I make when wheeling). Here is a pic of my truck high centered. It doesn't look like it in this picture, but the skids definitely hit the ground. When I was given a tug I saw the transfer of paint from the my plates to the dirt! :giggle:

View attachment 23018

I think you might have the award for the most abuse anyone has yet to put these skid plates through.

Enter Hummer

Alright I’m almost ready to install but I don’t know where the 2 little peices go. They’re spacers right? And also what size holes do I have to drill?

Enter Hummer

Ok I figured it out.

The peice on the left connects the 2 skids together and the one on the right one is a really ugly nut. I think the little hole is to fish it through, though I haven’t got to that part yet.

1EAA14C5-CBBE-4B21-B4D7-E8A738A7DFA8.jpg

Bottom of picture is front of truck

32D561BB-59C5-413F-9C56-A3BA98A15BC8.jpg

I can’t install today due to driveline issues (not related) but will have ‘em on next week and will definitely post an install/explanation thread.

Acer4LO

Ok I figured it out.

The peice on the left connects the 2 skids together and the one on the right one is a really ugly nut. I think the little hole is to fish it through, though I haven’t got to that part yet.

View attachment 23020

?? When I bought mine, they did not come with these pieces. I had a little difficultly aligning these perfectly but nothing major. Was this an update to the skids Schwarttzy? Here is some pics after I did my install.

i-gbmk843.jpg

i-MSnvPWD.jpg

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Sorry about that guys. I'm stuck in Australia until April, I'll be putting together a instructional video, but in the meantime the pictures above right. Except I intended for skid plate to go in-between the gas tank skid plate and the cross member.

When I get done with work and head home tonight I'll write up instructions.

Enter Hummer

Schwarttzy,

I am trying to install the plates but the front one doesn”t fit at all. Was your plate designed on the 1st gen front crossmember or second? The 2 front bolt holes don’t align correctly and it doesn’t reach all the way back to the middle crossmember.

I will post some pics up later