• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Window regulators?

Slsanders0007

I've been living with a bum passenger window regulator for months now since I bought my 96 wagon. If you let it go down to within 3" of the bottom, it gets stuck.

After a few quick calls around, I determined I should fix the AC for about half the cost.

Any PN's cross for this? Any other known remedies??

Thanks

Kurt

I've been living with a bum passenger window regulator for months now since I bought my 96 wagon. If you let it go down to within 3" of the bottom, it gets stuck.

After a few quick calls around, I determined I should fix the AC for about half the cost.

Any PN's cross for this? Any other known remedies??

Thanks

6002870 and 6002871

Which is the OEM with the motors and the whole regulator assembly, which runs $520 per door at MSRP.

There's manual roll up ones for around $65 or so... but that is switching from power windows to manual if you can even find them.

Someone thought about finding a cross for the motor and I think someone did but had to get custom gears installed to interface with the way the H1 guides/gearing was configured.

I'd take the door assembly apart and clean and lubricate the channels with silicon lubricant and see if that helps with the sticking first.

Slsanders0007

6002870 and 6002871

I'd take the door assembly apart and clean and lubricate the channels with silicon lubricant and see if that helps with the sticking first.

I tried this when I first bought it with no success. I get a grinding noise like there is a stripped spot on the track. With the finger on the up button and giving the window a tug at the same time, it goes up no problem.

It would be great if someone had one taken apart with pics of the track because I bet they use the same track with a different length on other applications. Could maybe rob another similar era delco motor from the yard and pull track and cut down to length (assuming others are longer due to taller windows)

Monk

Probationary Member
I know older thread, but I JUST did mine..
window would go up till last 3" and then just click a lot, and. It wouldn't move more up, unless I "help it"

i bought a window regulator assembly from rockauto for a 96 jeep Cherokee,

basicly you remove the hummer assembly from your door and remove the inner (broke or stretched) window lift coil rod, then clean your housing with brake cleaner and then lube with a lube spray to make extra smooth,

then pop pop off the inner window coil rod from the jeep, and slide into your old housing , few minor fildles but this job was easy!
1/4 the cost , fairly quick and easy,