• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTB Looking for a CO2 regulator

Medic_Morgan

Looking to find/buy a CO2 regulator for an on-board air set up. I have the tank but need the regulator. New or used is fine ;)

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

Medic_Morgan

Haha thanks Chastan! I was actually just looking at that exact regulator. How well does it work for the occasional after trail "air ups"? Not looking to get very crazy but just something useful for now until I can find better. I'll prob go pick it up tonight while at work since I have a 20% off coupon ;) How hard was the "adaptation"?

Chastan

Haha thanks Chastan! I was actually just looking at that exact regulator. How well does it work for the occasional after trail "air ups"? Not looking to get very crazy but just something useful for now until I can find better. I'll prob go pick it up tonight while at work since I have a 20% off coupon ;) How hard was the "adaptation"?

I used it a few times on the trail to air back up and it worked great. I have to admit the tanks I was using were not filled to full capacity pressure but the regulator itself is rated for a very high BAR pressure.

The modification I made was easy. I screwed off the "post" and where it scews off there is a shapped plug screwed into the base that minimized the flow going through. I screwed this out, screwed the post back on and it was all set. Like all of these it will get very cold when you go to use it. Unlike the powertank ones this setup does not have a built in "protection" around the regulator so think about how you are going to mount or store it so nothing can break off the regulator and turn the tank into a missle.

Here are some pictures....

complete regulator after modifying
IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

Step up from output to a quick connect
IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Hole that plug was in
IMG_0663.jpg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
No problems with freezing up with the high flow of CO2? I thought that was the main issue with the more affordable regulators.

Chastan

Never froze up on me but it does get cold. The longest I think I ran it was airing up 4 tires right in a row. This is the cheap method but depending on how you intend to use it this is a way to have onboard air if needed

Medic_Morgan

Well couldn't get it tonight due to darn ppl calling 911 but I'm still at work until tomorrow night so I'll pick it up during the day. Thanks for the pics Chastan. I'll put this "cheap/inexpensive" set-up together Thurs w/ some pics and a write-up and definitely a review after I put it to the test at LCC this weekend :)

Medic_Morgan

So I pieced it all together last night but I think I have the "plug" still in the low-pressure output side. How did you remove that Chastan? That bolt is a real beez lol

Chastan

So I pieced it all together last night but I think I have the "plug" still in the low-pressure output side. How did you remove that Chastan? That bolt is a real beez lol

Honestly do not remember it being that tough. I do remember conversations about thread direction being a gas regulator, etc. Is it possible it was a reverse thread? I did not save it and do not even remember what it looked like in there. Sorry.

Medic_Morgan

No problem man. I really had to muscle it just now and I think the "made in china" assembler Mis- threaded it. Got it figured out and found the right couplers at Lowe's about 15mins ago. I'll post pics & review in a build thread after I test its real world application tomorrow. Thanks for the help man!