• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Old school sticker trick

58Bisc

I posted this thread on another forum when I first started modifying my H3. I thought I would post it up here. This is an old school trick for dual purpose cars or trucks. Trail on the weekend and work on Monday, if you know what I mean. Thought maybe some of the younger guys may not know it and might get a kick out of this as an option to sticking all of your stickers on your windows.

Heres all you need, a pile of your favorite trail or performance stickers, some flat sign magnet and a pair of scissors...

ry%3D400

Peel and place your sticker on the magnet backing...

ry%3D400

Cut the sticker out...

ry%3D400

View from the rear of the magnet...

ry%3D400

Going to an event? Place your stickers anywhere on the body...

ry%3D400

Come home, clean off the mud, peel off the stickers (I stick them to the side of my roll away tool boxes for storage) and you are ready to go to work on Monday...

ry%3D400

I have used both sign magnets and I have also found them in the heating section of the home stores. They are used as vent covers and cost $5 for three sheets. See pictures below:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Some old stickers stored on one of my many roll away boxes (a cheap one for body work tools)

ry%3D400

Personally, I only put them on for short amounts of time.

Back in my high school days (early 80's) stickers were a way to show how much you had under the hood. Imagined or real, it was all part of the game we played. We would go to the race track in Jersey, then cruise back to Philly for a night of trouble. The Philly police (my Dad was one) got smart and would look for stickered up cars crossing the bridge and would pull them all over as soon as they hit I95. We learned that putting the stickers on magnets for the track was cool, then we would peel them off for a night of sleeper racing (I know, dumb, but we were young).

I still throw them on my old cars for cruise nights or shows. I never store them on my cars, I put them on my roll away boxes. I've never scratched my show paint, but I always check to be sure there is nothing stuck to the back of them that could cause an issue.

This is a way to enjoy your stickers, but still be able to remove them. You can always put them on your windows or directly on you paint. That is the beauty of life, we do what works best for each of us

Not for everyone I know, but some may find it useful...

Enjoy your H3!

H3slate

Brush raked
Just ordered some magnetic sheets from Amazon. I have a big Warn sticker I will turn into a magnet, and probably all the other stickers sitting in my drawer. The Warn sticker is 11" x 22", will look really good on the fridge in my garage, or on my hood. :huh:

H3slate

Brush raked
Well, I screwed up on my Warn sticker. :shame:

I did use the magnets for some other stickers that I put on my fridge in the garage. Will just have to get another big ass sticker to replace it.

crwalkerasla

Interesting idea. When I built my Mustang (yes, in the 80's), I put all my stickers inside the trunk lid. Holley, Edelbrock, and the like. On my H3, I was considering placing them under the hood. Thinking that no one could ever that the PCM had been tuned w/o placing the PCM of NC sticker right over it. And then there's the K&N, MagnaFlow, OutfitterDesign.com, and of course H4O