• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Operation Blackout complete

Romanzz

Finally got done blacking out my '08 H3 Alpha. Thanks to a ton of help from Josh(H3nightrod), looking forward to tagging along with him on his next wheeling trip to break this beast in.

De-chromed, tail lights/turning signals/side markers painted black, windows tinted, 18" XD Monster wheels on 34" Duratrac's, magnaflow dual exhaust.

Mods still waiting to install: Gobi Stealth roof rack w/ 4 HID PIAA lights, Air Doc Intake, K&N Air Filter.

293461_282252698469516_1284782462_n.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 344

Xlr8n

Looks great. Only thing I'd do is black out the silver front bumper. I bedlined mine and it looks so much better.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Looks good! Like Xlr8n said, maybe do something with the front bumper like bedliner or Plastidip. Maybe even Plastidip the emblems while your at it! Looks good though, nice transformation.

Romanzz

Thanks guys, got a lot of tips and pointers from all the forum members here which helped tremendously.

Defintely going to black out the silver front bumper and skid plate. Likely going to use bedliner. Didnt want to plastidip because thts what I did with the mirrors and i dont like how the plastidip clings on to all debris in the air. If anyone sees black mirrors for sale please let me know so I can replace them.

The front tint i went with is 35% i live in Chicago where it is illegal to tint the front windows so i didnt want to go too dark and make it obvious. Therefore I have never even considered tinting the windshield, that would put a huge bullseye on me.

Thanks Corey(08SolarFlareH3) for the door handles and the find on the Oregon craigslist ad that was selling the Gobi rack with the HID lights, and thanks in advance for any additional future items I will be buying that you post :)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't think he darkened the headlights. Nightshades spray is the most common way of tinting the lenses though I'm not sure what was used here.

Romanzz

Does anyone have a part number for the silver part of my bumper and skid plate? I decided I'd rather just buy a black one instead of painting. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kyle

How did you paint the door handles, which paint did you use, did you take them off the truck? The one im looking at has chrome door handles and mirrors and i wanted them to be black.

hockeymanam

Hey man im close to being done with mine as well and was wondering how to get my chrome mirrors and handles black as well with out buying new ones? People say plasti dip but on door handles it would rub off after 5 times of using them. Well i just noticed the comment above mine but i second him! and if u remove the mirror and door handle how do you do it?

Romanzz

The door handles I bought from SolarFlare, they were originally the thicker chrome handles and he had them painted black with Bedliner so it's got the textured feel...really happy with them. The mirrors I sprayed with plasti dip, they look ok. I just don't like how debris clings to them.

I bought black mirrors from someone on here, just waiting to install them. If you guys are interested in the mirrors I currently have after I remove them, I will sell them so just let me know.