• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Multi-vehicle Sirius/XM discounts?

Tractordoll

I am interested in finding out anyone who may have more than 1 vehicle with a Sirius/XM receiver, and how much you pay for it. I have 3 Hummers that all have XM in the radio and whenever I try to get a discount it just seems that Sirius seriously does not want my business. I fail to understand how they cannot have a single price plan for all radios no matter how many you own. Take for example netflix. I have 1 subscription and I have the netflix apps on my iphone, ipad, apple tv, roku and xbox. If I had to pay per device to hook up to netflix, they would be cancelled with extreme prejuidice. But Sirius/XM seems to still operate in the good old days before the world went streaming. If I paid 1 fee per month and could hook up as many radios as I wanted then I would be happy with that. It seems like I should keep using my free pandora app on the iphone and stream my music that way, and it's a total loss for Sirius. Anyways, I am interested in seeing what other peoples thoughts are.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I have two vehicles with XM and a portable Sirius radio. I purchased lifetime membership for each of them. It costs more up front, buy the breakeven point is a little over 3 years, assuming my memory hasn’t failed or the pricing changed, and you don't have to make monthly payments.

HIROLA

I get yearly subscriptions (for 1 vehicle) but whenever the year ends, I tell them I am going to cancel unless they give me my discounted price of about 60% off. They always seem to be more than happy to accommodate in that situation.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't ever approached it from a multi-vehicle discount perspective. Good question Angela. I always only had it in the vehicle I drove most often. Makes some sense that a volume discount would be in order.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The website says that additional radios are $9.99 per month (for XM Select)

From their Customer Agreement
3. Multiple Receivers: Each Subscription to the Satellite Radio Service is tied to one Receiver. If you want the Satellite Radio Service on multiple Receivers, you must purchase a separate Subscription for each Receiver. Additional subscriptions on any single account may be eligible for reduced rates which may be offered by us from time to time. For illustration purposes, one radio on a Sirius account and one radio on an XM account may not be eligible for reduced rates but two radios on an XM account may be eligible for reduced rates.

Griff22usmc

Needs a sponsor
Somehow a few years ago, after the trial ran out in 2008, XM called me asking if I wanted to renew. I told them not at the price they wanted... They called me a month later and I now pay 18.99 every 3 months... I'm not a good haggle, guess they wanted the business

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2