• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Warn Winch Service

sinstr

With the winch questions going around, I will share my problem with my Warn winch. I have a M8000 with synthetic line and Warn remote mounted in a DOI. This is far superior to my old Smitty winch I had. Here in Florida, it always seems we have to cross water while wheeling.

Few months ago, I was stuck and could not free spool my winch. I could power out and in only. So I start taking everything off the front of the truck to remove the winch (down side to the DOI bumper). I found water in the gear set that had caused corrosion, not allowing the handle to turn. What a huge mess to clean up. After removing the old grease and sanding the rust down, its engaging properly. Ill repack with marine grade grease and slap it all together tomorrow.

Warn had great customer service, and offered me advise to take it apart myself or send it back under warranty. They did tell me to run the winch out a few times if it gets submerged. It was obvious I never did that, as the rust line and corrosion was about 1" up the gear set. Its pretty interesting to take one of these apart..... schematics are your best friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 99

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Warn has great customer service. My VR10000-S had a crack end housing (around one of the end cap bolts) and they sent me out a new one free of charge. They didn't ask for my serial number, to send in the old one or anything.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Warn makes great stuff. They are pricey but with that price comes a good product and customer service.

Big2dabank

Glad you got it figured out and finally got it working and did not have to take it over to 4WP or whoever services warn locally. Sucks about having to remove most of the front end.