• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Scuba diving

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Hey guys. Just wondering who all out there is scuba certified and what kind of certification you all have. Also if you have any cool dive sights, post up.

I am certified with PADI as an open water diver, which is essentially a basic level of certification. :thumbs:

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
I plan to be going for my basic level certification this summer. My uncle is a certified scuba diver and has scuba dived all across the world. He is my Mom's brother and my mom's side of the Family hails from Russia. He is a fan of Hummers, but his even bigger fan of seems to be Land Rovers since that is mainly what they use to go looking for steller sea eagles in Magladon, and Okhotsk.

Here is one of his videos:

[video=youtube;qKfL82pCBqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfL82pCBqY&list=UUDDQRBpX7W_tkUG2ujs02Jg& index=8&feature=plcp[/video]
[video=youtube;XAUf9rXu5RY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUf9rXu5RY&list=UUDDQRBpX7W_tkUG2ujs02Jg& index=17&feature=plcp[/video]
[video=youtube;KxTYOki_E1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxTYOki_E1g&list=UUDDQRBpX7W_tkUG2ujs02Jg& index=128&feature=plcp[/video]

What he uses to record:

[video=youtube;sIK3GeatCoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIK3GeatCoo&list=UUDDQRBpX7W_tkUG2ujs02Jg& index=124&feature=plcp[/video]

Steve #1

I have a PADI Junior Open Water certification. It's the same as the regular Open Water, but tecnicly I have to dive with an adult who is certified. I could pay the fee to have it upgraded but it's never been an issue.

Sierra H3

SCUBA was my biggest pastime as a teenager through college. I was one of the youngest to be certified by NAUI in the early 1970s. Loved diving and underwater photography in Puget Sound. Back then crab and abalone were also redily found.also went diving in Asia a couple of times.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I got certified when I turned 16 and after collage I got a Divemaster certification. I dove a lot until I had kids. Now that my daughter is almost done with college I hope to get back into diving.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Big2dabank

I am NAUI certified in - open water 1, open water 2, under water search and recovery/salvage, and under water navigation. I grew up spear fishing and rig diving off the coast of South Louisiana and also did some low visibility diving in local lakes and rivers back in Louisiana. When I say low visibility I mean zero. I hit my head on a submerged barge once and never saw it until I ran smack into it. And for some reason little fish love to pick at an open wound. I have dived numerous places in Florida from Destin all the away down to Key West. Several years ago I spent a week wreck diving in Bonaire, absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. One of the guys with us got pretty wasted the night before our first dive, I watched him throw up under water. It was pretty funny, he managed to keep his cool and kept his regulator in his mouth the entire tire. Basically he puked, purged the regulator and kept diving. The fished swarmed him instantly. Funny as hell.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I've done some no visibility dives. There weren't many certified divers back in Iowa in the 70's so I made good money in collage doing vehicle/body recovery dives in lakes and ponds for the Sheriff's department. Never hoped for and dreaded success so much at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Been diving most my life but not for recreation. Even rebreathers. At some point I got a PADI and CMAS certifications. Never used them though. They gave them to us when we got certified. Same as getting USPA certifications when we did the accelerated free fall course. Never used that either. Don't have enough spare time do those things for fun. :) I prefer to go wheeling or working on my rig when I can.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone