• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Precious Metals and alternate money

Kurt

That's what I figured, I got a good deal on them, actually out of the rolls there was a few tarnished eagles, and the "milk spots" on a few of the maples, not a big deal the rest was in nice shape.

JGBB04

I think if you're looking at ETW type situation nobody is going care what emblem is printed on or how pretty the coin looks only what it's worth

Kurt

I think if you're looking at ETW type situation nobody is going care what emblem is printed on or how pretty the coin looks only what it's worth

In that that situation you can't eat/use silver/gold, I'd rather have ammo, food, first aid/cleaning supplies, clean water and fuel which would be more valuble than a coin or bar.

That being said, I'm just doing it for savings and an inflation hedge, I'll also pick up a few coins for collection purposes.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
And some hunters think they will stop at "assault weapons and hi cap magazines. " divide and conquer. Anyone who is a student of history is starting to see the signs pretty clearly. How stupid can the sheep be?

Kurt

And some hunters think they will stop at "assault weapons and hi cap magazines. " divide and conquer. Anyone who is a student of history is starting to see the signs pretty clearly. How stupid can the sheep be?

Yeah I bumped into one of the FUDD's at a store yesterday who told me he didn't understand why anyone would need that "para military stamped metal stuff" for hunting and no one needs more than 5 rounds of ammo to hunt. I just shrugged and told him that the 2nd amendment doesn't mention hunting, and they'll come after his cowboy guns / bolt actions next.

Not only that the "assault weapons" make up a large chunk of commercial sales of new guns, take that away you'll have less new blood getting into the sport, less people buying tags for game, less money going into keeping public lands open to the public, etc. It's a Domino effect.

That being said I did find a few complete uppers yesterday in stock but they were at a 40-50% markup. A lot of consignment guns up at 2x-3x prices here and there but they aren't movin'.

Oh, back to topic, I found a nice coin/bullion dealer near me that has a great selection, lots of inventory, and gives me good prices, I started adding fractional gold, I'm getting better prices than from direct from the mint and places like apmex.

Picked up a bunch of englehard silver at spot or slightly above spot at a few coin shows.. not sure why they command such a premium at a few places. Not complaining mind you.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is why I bought so many old Morgan silver dollars. I actually got some that had significant collector value buying in bulk and then the rest were bought at a significant discount so that I paid spot. I am sure the seller made a profit at the time but I am in at a very attractive price per ounce.

Kurt

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Here is an admission that the financial crisis was intentional and engineered (2:10) for the purpose of making all of us desperate enough to want a global government.

[video=youtube;J4B5f2ezEB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J4B5f2ezEB8[/video]

abearden

Probably has a perfectly rational reason for it. Unfortunately, that rational reason may not be any less alarming than the conspiracy theories.