• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Does anyone have the "Headlining Trim Panel Replacement" instructions?

NGA H3

I have the famous "leaking sunroof" issue in my H3, which showed up after 2 inches of rainfall in 24 hrs. I bought a CD coy of the H3 service manuals online a while back, but for some reason the "Headlining Trim Panel Replacement" section referenced in the sunroof section is not included. Does anyone know how to remove the headliner without breaking or ruining it? I'm sure the back tubes are blocked, based on where the water came out and the amount of pollen in the sunroof track.
Thanks!

SC_Hummer_Guy

Mr. Sexy Sugar Britches
Can't really say I know how to remove the headliner but I had the same problem on mine, the tubes curve in so many directions tho I would say be careful blowing them clear of stuff. You can destroy them easily. I found that if I put a tiny piece of mesh that I molded to the sunroof where the drain holes are they generally stay rather clean and not getting clogged as often.

Sent from my secret spy phone using Tapatalk

Steve #1

Take this for what it's worth as I don't have a sunroof or side airbags, but I have dropped the headlinner a couple times and it is prety strait forward.

Start by removing the trim from the A pillers. There is a screw behind the plug at the top. Pry the plug out and remove the screw the pannal is then held on by friction clips and can just be pulled off.

Use a TORX bit to remove the top seatbelt mounts. I think it's either a T40 or T45. Pull back the door seals and again, it's just held on by friction clips. I think there is a clip that is on the bottom panel that goes through the top one. Be mindful of this so you don't break it.

The one around the back windows is a pain because it is big, but as I recall, it is only held on by friction clips. Pull loose the rear door seal.

Remove the rear view mirror. Unplug the harness on the back of the mirror. There is a small screw that holds it in place on the windshild mount. Remove the screw and the mirror slides up and off.

Remove the sun visors and the inside clips. You can then unplug the onstar mic (and I'm guessing the sunroof switch and map lights).

Rmove the dome lights and unplug them.

Remove the grab handles. There is a screw behind the plugs on each end.

Remove the christmas tree pins in the headlinner.

The key is to remove everything that is going to be in the way as the headliner comes down. You may want a friend to help as you get further along in the process to suport the headliner so it dosen't bend. It is prety sturdy, but a bend would be bad.