• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Duratracs (Big Foot ATs)

skeptic

Now that I have your attention.. Spring is in the air (ignoring the 42* and rain right now), and it's time for jumping from stockers in 285 to a nice set of Duratracs in 315. Except the little problem that nobody has any. National back order. Not making any right now, probably a month or two before production starts again, then who knows how long until my number would come up. :gaah: The local Goodyear dealer told me to check back in 60 days and they MIGHT be able to get a date as to when they will start shipping them again.

However, while I was at Big-O the guy highly recommended their Big-O brand Big Foot A/T. I know what you're thinking, I'm thinking the same thing - push your own brand above all others. I do like the looks of the tire though, and the guy told me the previous version of their A/T sucked, but he loves the newly redesigned tire and runs it on one of his own vehicles (again, more biased talk). Price is decent, and comes with a 3 year fix-anything warranty. Without turning this into yet another thread with 1,000 different recommendations, does anyone here have any personal experience with a Big Foot A/T? I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Last edited:

skeptic

Problem solved! I called around some more and actually found a place that can get them. I did call Big-O and talked to them about using tirerack (thanks for the heads up 3rdH3). For them to use tirerack it would have cost me $1,580 + $300 shipping. For me to use tirerack it would have been $1,450 + mount/balancing and have ZERO warranty, no free rotation, no free balancing in the future, etc. As mentioned above, Goodyear basically gave me the finger, said call back in 2 months. Discount tire will have them for me next week with an out the door price of just over $1,400 including lifetime balance/rotation and a road hazzard warranty. For 5 tires and nobody else able to get them for anywhere near that price, I guess I can't complain.

I suppose my posts next week will be along the lines of "how can I get more power out of this puny 5 cyl engine?"