Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    All Terrain
    Thanks

Duratracs (Big Foot ATs)

Now that I have your attention.. Spring is in the air (ignoring the 42* and rain right now), and it's time for jumping from stockers in 285 to a nice set of Duratracs in 315. Except the little problem that nobody has any. National back order. Not making any right now, probably a month or two before production starts again, then who knows how long until my number would come up. The local Goodyear dealer told me to check back in 60 days and they MIGHT be able to get a date as to when they will start shipping them again.

However, while I was at Big-O the guy highly recommended their Big-O brand Big Foot A/T. I know what you're thinking, I'm thinking the same thing - push your own brand above all others. I do like the looks of the tire though, and the guy told me the previous version of their A/T sucked, but he loves the newly redesigned tire and runs it on one of his own vehicles (again, more biased talk). Price is decent, and comes with a 3 year fix-anything warranty. Without turning this into yet another thread with 1,000 different recommendations, does anyone here have any personal experience with a Big Foot A/T? I tried searching, but didn't find anything.
    Last edited by skeptic; 04-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    '06 H2

Low Profile
    Thanks
    I just checked the Tirerack website and they show them in stock.
    06 H3 Lux Totaled
    08 H3 Lux Traded
    10 H3 Alpha/Offroad

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Problem solved! I called around some more and actually found a place that can get them. I did call Big-O and talked to them about using tirerack (thanks for the heads up 3rdH3). For them to use tirerack it would have cost me $1,580 + $300 shipping. For me to use tirerack it would have been $1,450 + mount/balancing and have ZERO warranty, no free rotation, no free balancing in the future, etc. As mentioned above, Goodyear basically gave me the finger, said call back in 2 months. Discount tire will have them for me next week with an out the door price of just over $1,400 including lifetime balance/rotation and a road hazzard warranty. For 5 tires and nobody else able to get them for anywhere near that price, I guess I can't complain.

I suppose my posts next week will be along the lines of "how can I get more power out of this puny 5 cyl engine?"
    '06 H2