• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Front Number plate fitment on H3

Sennin

So I was contemplating where to fit my front number plate / Licence plate on my hummer as it is compulsery here in South Africa. (the new cars actually have their licence plates rivvited to the body :whaa: before you take delivery)

Tha ARB bullbar came with a mounting bracket, but the Lightforce 240 HID's are preventing me from using the mounting point :)

So what do you guys think of me mounting it to the front of the roof rack :corn:

attachment.php

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
How about shipping me that bumper and those lights and you won't have to worry about awkward placement? :wink:

Sennin

Thanks Guys, you gave me an Idea to play with :wink:

To be honest the 240's hasn't been connected yet, my first set of Hummer switches and pigtails got lost in the mail, so now I'm wainting for my next set :)

Chook

I have attached a photo of your vehicle & a screenshot from the ARB website.

As you can see on all the vehicles in the ARB picture the numberplate mounts in the centre between your lights and winch contoller/fairlead.

There are two holes provided in the bullbar for you to mount the number plate. Sometimes the hole in the plate doesn't match the holes in the bar. We just drill new holes in the number plate, but you could mount a numberplate holder made for your local plates.

If the plate is too large I have seen the plates pop riveted directly on to the steel where the ARB or WARN stickers are. (less chance of them being ripped off the front when going bush also)

ARB Front Plate.jpgPlate_attachment.jpg

Last edited:

H3TBone

I ripped my front plate off while off-roading some while back and never replaced it. I have been pulled over for it but the TX DPS officer liked my excuse and I didn't receive a ticket. Now I have the ThorParts bumper, I have the same problem but no desire to fix it (no less purchase a new plate).

Sennin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_South_Africa

Looks like your plates are long

They should easily fit in the standard placement on the ARB Bar (you don't need to use the bracket if you don't want, just bolt it or rivet it straight on)

You are indeed correct sir :thumbs: waayyy too long number plates if you ask me, here you can see my rear number plate (jaja, I know i'm balding)

hummer number plate.jpg

The main problem with the number plate I have is that the engine temp tends to creep up now due to the lil spotlights restricting airflow and I know the number plate is going to have another impact on this as well, thats why I'm thinking of re-locating the bloody thing :). Austhetics is also a major think for me :shame:I do like Steve#1 idea

Chook

What about under the fairlead, between the recovery points. I know it's on an angle but its still mounted to the front of the vehicle. (you could drill & pop rivet it there)