• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

cbetts' 2006 H3 Build

cbetts

NERD!!!
Cbetts has a very great example on how you can build up an h3 on a very nice budget. My hat is off to your Badd A$$ rig!:horns:

Thanks! That comment means a lot to me. It is hard to believe it has taken me five years to get it to where it is today. A good piece of that time was figuring out what to get, especially the tires. Fortunately, I was able to get some good deals on used parts like the rack and skids. I sure could not have done it without the support of all of the members sharing information.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fortunately I have gotten to see the evolution of both Craig and his truck. It has been a fun journey. Looking forward to the next set of mods and trails.

cbetts

NERD!!!
License Plate Mount

Since I had bent-up my rear plate several times, I figured it was time for a fix.

I was intrigued with mounting on the spare tire but the H3 looks lame without something where the plate was originally. It needed at least a tow hook there. I went to a pick-a-part to find some parts for my Monte Carlo and discovered an older Cadillac with a flip-down plate to get access to the gas tank. This would be perfect for my rear plate.

This particular one allowed the plate to stay in up position. That way the plate was safe if I had to back down something.

I have had similar luck with the front plate.

I moved the plate up by using the lower holes to screw it to the bumper.

jmoffatt

Swamprat
Very nice ride, I really enjoy these build threads, the only problem is I think reading them is going to cost me money. It's like the Hummer disease or something.:)

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
A few things. I need to get caught up on my Hummer duties. Finally got her washed and the mud whomping. The drains in the sunroof are plugged so I need to clean them out. Mu OnStar mike is full of mud.

MustangGirl666

Since I had bent-up my rear plate several times, I figured it was time for a fix.

I was intrigued with mounting on the spare tire but the H3 looks lame without something where the plate was originally. It needed at least a tow hook there. I went to a pick-a-part to find some parts for my Monte Carlo and discovered an older Cadillac with a flip-down plate to get access to the gas tank. This would be perfect for my rear plate.

This particular one allowed the plate to stay in up position. That way the plate was safe if I had to back down something.

I have had similar luck with the front plate.

I moved the plate up by using the lower holes to screw it to the bumper.

I like it a lot,That's a very neat idea!

cbetts

NERD!!!
Apparently, my fat butt was wearing a hole in the seat from climbing in and out all the time on runs.

I went and bought a set of Cover King Saddle Blanket seat covers for the front. I like the 70s look of these!

Next was a set of new floor mats. I had a set of the OEM Hummer mud mats but they just didn't hold up to my abuse.

Santa (Ellen) was kind enough to give me a set of Husky Liners!

As for the license plate mod, I banged it up pretty good in Tracy. I couldn't quite pull up a staircase and had to back down, clobbering my plate in the process.

It is repairable. I removed the hinge until I get a chance to flatten it back out.